RB Leipzig (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

We lost that one. We're at cross purposes. I was talking about matches where we went 2-0 down and came back to win.
As I say, it's as if the team sometimes chooses to give itself a handicap, in order to make it more interesting.
Backfired against us against Southampton, though!
Sorry I was replying to Alan's post you quoted but just made it more confusing.

I agree, think the players get a bit bored sometimes so give themselves 45 minutes to win a game instead of 90.

We started with the wrong attitude, and that includes the home support. most of whom were totally disinterested until Haaland's goal. The two lads next to me were that busy discussing I'm a Celebrity, I'll swear that they didn't even realise that Leipzig were winning 2-0.

I'm not sure of the exact figure, but since Pep arrived, it's amazing how many times our CL opponents (especially German teams) have started stronger, before eventually running out of steam.

Leipzig, Monchengladbach (twice), Shalke (a), Hoffenheim (a) , Dortmund, Red Star, Dinamo Zagreb (a), Atalanta, Napoli (a), and probably a few more.

Thought as much myself, seemed a bit cloggy tonight.

Wouldn't surprise me if Rodders is coming down with illness, something just wasn't right with him tonight..
It was mentioned at the weekend, that the pitch seemed slow.

Our defending is a proper concern of late, every team we're facing are creating several good chances and it shows against better quality opposition. I can see shitloads of goals next Sunday, wouldn't be surprised if it was 5-3 City
I think is because only Stones can play the dual role successfully. Akanji does well in that role but his defending suffers and therefore anyone playing next to him in defence, becomes uncertain. Stones seems to have the balance right.

I go back to a comment I made last night, not that long ago, even under Pep, City would not have turned this game around.

I am a bit obsessed with mentality and I think City have had a step change in that department. If I’m right, we will see that in the second half of the season.
I can be quite pessimistic by default, but even I had no doubts that City would turn that around last night. Regretting not putting few quid on it, with hindsight.

Dreadful first half and Phil Foden put his finger on it - it was quite simply the worst he's seen us play. The most spectacular cock ups were the "interventions" by Akanji and Dias which allowed their lads to run unopposed for half the length of the field for a 2-0 lead but the uselessness was evident all over the field. I lost count of the number of simple passes which were booted out of play or went astray. Then there were the passes which were intercepted because our lads waited for them unaware that a Leipsic player was going to get to it first! But we could and should have been in front by half time - had Ruben not missed with a free header 6 yards out from the centre of the goal, had Erling's first touch not let him down badly and had Rico not blazed over instead of rolling the ball into the corner. I don't think the second half was much better, though we did improve somewhat. Was Ruben's removal due ti illness or what? His performance was baffling. Fortunately Erling "found" himself again to score after Phil "found" himself too. Doku posed a threat all the time he was on the pitch but the real difference was made by Alvarez. The real significance of the second half is, though, that Leipsic are not a particularly good team and City don't have to play that well to beat them.

We started with the wrong attitude, and that includes the home support. most of whom were totally disinterested until Haaland's goal. The two lads next to me were that busy discussing I'm a Celebrity, I'll swear that they didn't even realise that Leipzig were winning 2-0.

I'm not sure of the exact figure, but since Pep arrived, it's amazing how many times our CL opponents (especially German teams) have started stronger, before eventually running out of steam.

Leipzig, Monchengladbach (twice), Shalke (a), Hoffenheim (a) , Dortmund, Red Star, Dinamo Zagreb (a), Atalanta, Napoli (a), and probably a few more.
It’s been said before and it’ll be said again because it’s true. Two different crowds from Saturday’s Liverpool and Sunday’s Spurs crowd to last night. The people who sat around me were literally tourists and the regulars weren’t there. For the first time this season I’ve knocked midweek games on the head because I missed too many due to work.

What angers me is the stupidity of marketeers and the likes of Glenn Hoddle who was having a pop at the crowd last night. The club and everyone else wants your average fan to turn up on a Tuesday night for a game where we had already qualified, preferably having spent a couple of hundred quid in the club shop and another 20-30 on food and chant like loons for 90 minutes as though it were the Dippers.

It’s unrealistic. It’s naive. Contrary to popular belief it doesn’t happen elsewhere. If you are prioritising an atmosphere you would have a different ticketing policy but don’t expect the club shop tills to be ringing.

Maybe we should cut the players a bit of slack here, Pep said there's barely been any training after the Liverpool game and it possibly showed last night. There probably was only a couple of light sessions before the Liverpool game as well. Hopefully we step it up again for Spurs

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.