RB Leipzig (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

It’s been said before and it’ll be said again because it’s true. Two different crowds from Saturday’s Liverpool and Sunday’s Spurs crowd to last night. The people who sat around me were literally tourists and the regulars weren’t there. For the first time this season I’ve knocked midweek games on the head because I missed too many due to work.

What angers me is the stupidity of marketeers and the likes of Glenn Hoddle who was having a pop at the crowd last night. The club and everyone else wants your average fan to turn up on a Tuesday night for a game where we had already qualified, preferably having spent a couple of hundred quid in the club shop and another 20-30 on food and chant like loons for 90 minutes as though it were the Dippers.

It’s unrealistic. It’s naive. Contrary to popular belief it doesn’t happen elsewhere. If you are prioritising an atmosphere you would have a different ticketing policy but don’t expect the club shop tills to be ringing.

I agree with everything you've posted apart from the reference to ticketing policy, which for the CL Group games is a slight red herring.
I sit in 219, which houses predominantly the old-school Season Ticket holders, many of whom you still see at away games.

I've never once heard any of them cite price as the main reason for not attending Champions League games. If anything it's more to do with the 8pm kick off, and the choice of either heavy rush hour traffic and limited free parking, or a walk back to Piccadilly, and often not getting home until midnight.

I recently moved from Whaley Bridge to Hazel Grove and last night the only train available for both locations was a replacement bus service. That was the final straw for a number of blues who had already purchased tickets, so considering the freezing conditions and the fact that we'd already qualified, they simply couldn't be arsed.

Long term they'll all be replaced, as the demand for City tickets has increased tenfold.

Last edited:
I think I need Google Translate for that one. Even then I'm not confident of understanding it.
I don’t know if everyone thinks I’m crazy for posting stats or they’re asking what Sofa Score is…or there is some joke I’m not getting…or all the above. Regardless, I do see them posted here often (I was introduced to them by this forum). It’s a stats company that gives an aggregate player rating based on the stats. Usually that aligns with what their perceived performance is - but last night some of the players that were seen to be the worst actually had relatively high scores.

Well that was far from the dead rubber many were predicting.

What a big difference it made having two top qualty attacking options on the bench to change the game, something we didn't have against Liverpool.
Never was a dead rubber, we needed to finish top of the group and defeat last tonight would have put that in jeopardy… It certainly didn’t pan out how we thought though regardless..

Maybe we should cut the players a bit of slack here, Pep said there's barely been any training after the Liverpool game and it possibly showed last night. There probably was only a couple of light sessions before the Liverpool game as well. Hopefully we step it up again for Spurs
Light training would not account for playing at 80% effort, being static waiting for the pas or not matching Leipzig for hassling opponents with the ball. You also don't lose the ability to pass and control the ball, skills are permanent. They don't need slack they need to think about their professionalism. Some more than others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.