RB Leipzig (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Light training would not account for playing at 80% effort, being static waiting for the pas or not matching Leipzig for hassling opponents with the ball. You also don't lose the ability to pass and control the ball, skills are permanent. They don't need slack they need to think about their professionalism. Some more than others.
There are games when we start like Snails stuck in treacle. This was one of them. The tempo was all wrong from the kick off and we just couldn’t seem to pick it properly until the subs came on. We will have to play a hell of a lot better than that in the next two games.

On rewatch this morning I didn’t think it was as bad as most people thought. Dias was the only one (to me) that was consistently off.

The subs made a difference but also the shape changed considerably once Walker was off and I do think that helped. They seemed far more stable - he had been up high, same with Akanji and I think it left them exposed. Seemed to put a lot of pressure on Rodri who had a few missed passes (out of the hundreds he made, so on another day likely not an issue ), but it also seemed like people weren’t where he expected them to be. Which makes me feel like it was a shape issue as much as a skill issue.

People are comparing it to Chelsea, but that game felt way more out of control. This game felt more secure in some ways - even though they both had some individual mistakes - but it felt like we could wrestle back control and we did.

I agree with everything you've posted apart from the reference to ticketing policy, which for the CL Group games is a slight red herring.
I sit in 219, which houses predominantly the old-school Season Ticket holders, many of whom you still see at away games.

I've never once heard any of them cite price as the main reason for not attending Champions League games. If anything it's more to do with the 8pm kick off, and the choice of either heavy rush hour traffic and limited free parking, or a walk back to Piccadilly, and often not getting home until midnight.

I recently moved from Whaley Bridge to Hazel Grove and last night the only train available for both locations was a replacement bus service. That was the final straw for a number of blues who had already purchased tickets, so considering the freezing conditions and the fact that we'd already qualified, they simply couldn't be arsed.

Long term they'll all be replaced, as the demand for City tickets has increased tenfold.
I’m in 218. Like you, many of those around me go home and away. I travel from Bamber Bridge. Chorley Branch don’t put midweek coaches on. I go by car and drop my brother off by car at home in Oldham. They regularly close motorways or motorway junctions off on the way home for no apparent reason as regular as clockwork over years at junction 19 of the M62. That’s why I’ve knocked the Champions League and Carabao Cup schemes on the head (along with work sending me around the country).
Those emails the club sends about selling your ticket back to them if you can’t make the game almost have an air of hope and desperation around them, especially for the “big” games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.