RE: Gareth Barry, I think i'm mad...

I got this little nuggett off a Villa fan "When Barry plays you wonder what all the fuss is about,when he doesn't,you know" & I think that little statement sums up yesterday perfectly,like others have said,you dont need pace or to run around like a headless chicken when you've got a footballing brain. Even David Silva said last season that Barry was under-rated & under-valued as he allowed Silva to play his most effective game.

coulsonblue said:
ethan23 said:
kevodevo said:
Let's take a look at the facts -
We would not have won the league last year without Barry
We would not have won the FA cup either without Barry.
Barry does what is necessary when it's necessary and he does it well .
He does not need pace he has a football brain which is lacking in all current Englamd players.
He has had the odd ' bad game ' this season - Show me someone in the City team who hasn't this season .
Keep the guy and peopLe may learn from him.
Folk who want rid really do not know football simple really.

He may have contributed but he's still the inferior of the 2 out of Yaya and himself.
And there are better players than him available.
Without Gareth Barry ya ya plays like a muppet , headless chicken. I agree Yaya might do the spectacular which people like you obviously remember but does he track back , does he spoil attacks , does he really put a full shift in ever? No.
It is plain as a pikestaff without Barry city go to bits- yesterday is a classic example
Where was f'in Yaya yesterday????

Bojinov The Bull said:
I swear to god I must be crazy, i really must be because every time I see Gareth Barry play I cannot believe he can get in our team, he's slow, he got the touch of Jimmy Saville and he gives possession away endlessly yet he plays virtually every game. Am I really missing something, maybe I have blinkers on and can't see the good things that he does...can someone explain this please?

I know Garcia is slow but he is better than Barry and Milner in that position would be 10x better than Barry. We have Toure who seems to do nothing for 80 minutes in a game and then decides he wants to run with the ball with Gareth Barry next to him, no wonder we were so shit this season. Hopefully Jack Rodwell can stay fit next year!

I suggest you take up watching a different sport as you know absolutely fuck all about football.

Bojinov The Bull said:
I swear to god I must be crazy, i really must be because every time I see Gareth Barry play I cannot believe he can get in our team, he's slow, he got the touch of Jimmy Saville and he gives possession away endlessly yet he plays virtually every game. Am I really missing something, maybe I have blinkers on and can't see the good things that he does...can someone explain this please?

I know Garcia is slow but he is better than Barry and Milner in that position would be 10x better than Barry. We have Toure who seems to do nothing for 80 minutes in a game and then decides he wants to run with the ball with Gareth Barry next to him, no wonder we were so shit this season. Hopefully Jack Rodwell can stay fit next year!

I'm sorry, but it appears you either watch the game with blinkers on or on TV. Gareth Barry provides more to the TEAM than almost any other player. His link up play is phenomenal and he pops up when others have given up.

Contrary to your assertions about Garcia, the thing that he lacks is that he does NOT do what barry does, which is CONSTANTLY show for the ball, wherever the space is, and get it play it, and move...rinse and repeat.

The ONLY aspect of his game which has been mildly disappointing is his contribution of goals from the 20-30 yard range. He's scored a few, but not enough, IMO.

Gareth Barry is the #2 POTY behind Zaba. THAT is how important he has been to us for a few years now!

He's had a very poor season, for me. From around November to April I don't recall him having a good game (though he did score the winner against Reading in December).

He was arguably one of our top three players in our title winning season and to be fair to him he did book up from when we played Newcastle at home onwards for about four or five games. but for the most part this year he's been well below that standard.

ChicagoBlue said:
Bojinov The Bull said:

I'm sorry, but it appears you either watch the game with blinkers on or on TV. Gareth Barry provides more to the TEAM than almost any other player. His link up play is phenomenal and he pops up when others have given up.

Contrary to your assertions about Garcia, the thing that he lacks is that he does NOT do what barry does, which is CONSTANTLY show for the ball, wherever the space is, and get it play it, and move...rinse and repeat.

The ONLY aspect of his game which has been mildly disappointing is his contribution of goals from the 20-30 yard range. He's scored a few, but not enough, IMO.

Gareth Barry is the #2 POTY behind Zaba. THAT is how important he has been to us for a few years now!
Spot on, I'm used to the crap posted about him from other fans on SSN and such but would have hoped that his own fans would have had more bloody clue.

Definite managerial material and can only hope that when he retires City get him into the coaching set up somewhere.

An intelligent footballer, very nearly an oxymoron.

i honestly thought that fans who dont see him week in week out think hes shit,fans who see him every week dont.(see carrick)

imo barry is quality ,however he cannot play in a two in midfield and defo not with yaya,barry in a three is world class,he doesnt need the legs he has a 2 yard headstart in his brain.

barry,yaya and a n other spells midfield dominance,barry and yaya spells trouble.

yaya should be nowhere near barry alone,he isnt mobile enough in the middle and neither is barry.

as for getting rid of barry,defo not,he has bags of experience that he would pass on,would provide excellent cover when needed,hes perfect to close a game out.

Dont think he will be given another contract IMO .He has been a great player for us ,not so consistant this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.