RE: Gareth Barry, I think i'm mad...

Bojinov The Bull said:
I swear to god I must be crazy, i really must be because every time I see Gareth Barry play I cannot believe he can get in our team, he's slow, he got the touch of Jimmy Saville and he gives possession away endlessly yet he plays virtually every game. Am I really missing something, maybe I have blinkers on and can't see the good things that he does...can someone explain this please?

I know Garcia is slow but he is better than Barry and Milner in that position would be 10x better than Barry. We have Toure who seems to do nothing for 80 minutes in a game and then decides he wants to run with the ball with Gareth Barry next to him, no wonder we were so shit this season. Hopefully Jack Rodwell can stay fit next year!

Barry plays well all season; then today Barry does not play and City play shit, and you come on and have a pop at Barry - WHY???

Bojinov The Bull said:
I swear to god I must be crazy, i really must be because every time I see Gareth Barry play I cannot believe he can get in our team, he's slow, he got the touch of Jimmy Saville and he gives possession away endlessly yet he plays virtually every game. Am I really missing something, maybe I have blinkers on and can't see the good things that he does...can someone explain this please?

I know Garcia is slow but he is better than Barry and Milner in that position would be 10x better than Barry. We have Toure who seems to do nothing for 80 minutes in a game and then decides he wants to run with the ball with Gareth Barry next to him, no wonder we were so shit this season. Hopefully Jack Rodwell can stay fit next year!

You name yourself Bojinov? very interesting

ethan23 said:
kevodevo said:
ethan23 said:
Hmmm, not sure if serious
Let's take a look at the facts -
We would not have won the league last year without Barry
We would not have won the FA cup either without Barry.
Barry does what is necessary when it's necessary and he does it well .
He does not need pace he has a football brain which is lacking in all current Englamd players.
He has had the odd ' bad game ' this season - Show me someone in the City team who hasn't this season .
Keep the guy and peopLe may learn from him.
Folk who want rid really do not know football simple really.

He may have contributed but he's still the inferior of the 2 out of Yaya and himself.
And there are better players than him available.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
he kicks the ball in his own net and has the turning circle of a barge.

Says it all really, hope he leaves.

fucking hell, City player scores own goal, hang him

I admire him for his attitude and consistency.

And while he's worshiped on here, I've never thought he's good enough for Europe. Too immobile and not the best passer. As an Inter fan once said, Mancini likes ugly midfields.

With Pellegrini he won't start anymore.

1dart said:
Did you go today? Well if Barry plays, Norwich dont score 3. Simple as that. We dont often concede even 2 in a game when Barry plays. Milner will never have the football intelligence of Gareth Barry and hes not alone in that.

This is spot on, Yaya looks a clown without his protection, I would sooner see the back of him than Gaz Baz

I blame him for having two christian names and in moments of confusion I find myself calling him Barry Gareth. I think Pellegrini should force him to rename himself by deed poll and that Floyd Brinkstone would be a better name for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.