Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

dctid said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
Kompany never touched Nani. Can someone tell me where this sport is going?

You dont have to touch a player for it to be a foul - if you tackle with both feet off the ground then it can be deemed as a two footed challenge which apparantly is a red card

Its become a non contact and it bollocks
Thought the definition of a tackle was physically challenging an opposing player for possession of the ball. He didn´t challenge or tackle - just retrieved the ball - fookin end of!!

hgblue said:
dctid said:
hgblue said:
Balo's red card was a joke. Barry's red card was a joke. Kompany's red card was a joke. We appeal the red card because the decision was wrong. How anyone can defend the referee and criticise Kompany is beyond me.

Kompany had both feet off the ground studs showing when he took the ball that it a two footed challenge - two footed challenges are illegal the rules are a fookin joke i agree common sense should prevail but that seems to be too much to ask for.

I have not defended the ref in anyway shape or form on my posts had you read them

Of course you have. Both Kompany's feet were on the floor upon impact. His right foot takes the ball cleanly and his left foot is nowhere near Nani. In fact Nani (who is the biggest diving cheating twat around) carries on playing and attempts to win the ball back. Kompany does nothing wrong. A refereeing error (if we're being generous) pure and simple.

I think that's right, it was an error. Regardless of whether he admits it was a mistake or not I actually do expect a fair hearing on this.

So we can now expect to see a red card for a over head kick or a volley as they both require a player to challenge for the ball with a foot or both feet in the air with studs showing, thus leaving the ref with no option but to show red for a dangerous challenge?

Doesn't matter if they get the ball cleanly as it could have resulted in an injury eh?

What a croc of fucking shit!

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
dctid said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

You dont have to touch a player for it to be a foul - if you tackle with both feet off the ground then it can be deemed as a two footed challenge which apparantly is a red card

So theoretically, if the ball is going out for a throw-in near the corner flag, a defender can run towards it, lunge at it with both feet off the ground, take out the corner flag without an opposition player within 20 yards, and get sent off? Interesting road this game is headed down....

Couldn't agree more....

The question therefore is surely......'How did Yaya stay on the pitch in the semi after his two footed celebration near the city fans at Wembley?' :-)

bluelol said:
dctid said:
hgblue said:
So we tell our players to stop tackling because referees are shit or corrupt or both? Defenders are told that if they make a tackle these days they better make sure they take the ball. Kompany did that and was nowhere near Nani. Get this ridiculous decision appealed and keep up the good work Vincent.

No but tell the players to not make stupid fookin tackles when they dont need too

I read on one of the articles on News now that apparantly Roberto went to see the ref at half time and Foy admitted he made a mistake, how true who knows????

Thats the 4th red in a very very short period of time and it has to be addressed by the coaches because it is going to cost us.

Rightly or wrongly two footed challenges are outlawed both Konpanys feet were off the ground the fact he took the ball is irrelevent. Its a bit like driving at 100 miles an hour and getting caught - sure you did not kill anyone but your still going to get fined - Kompany did nit touch Nani but that irrelevent also

FA will back the ref unless he is prepared to say it was only a yellow we can only hope that Mancini has had a word with the referee whom has indicated he made an error - unlikely as the FA will back the ref;s 99% of the time

I read a article on News now that apparently Roberto went to see the ref at half time and Foy admitted he made a mistake, how true who knows.

Holy shit if you're right thats fucking ace!

It does make a little sense because Mancini did say he was "sure they would overturn the red", which could be as he feel Foy told him he was probably too harsh and didn't deserve a red more of a yellow.

This is all I need to know.
FA rules are perfectly clear about two-footed challenges.

"The ruling for a two-footed challenge is that the moment a player leaves the floor, he is not in control of his own body," explained Referees' Development Officer for Manchester FA, Peter Roberts.

"If he takes the ball cleanly, it is a free-kick and a caution. If he takes the ball and the man, it is a free-kick and a dismissal for serious foul play.

"If he takes nothing of the ball and only the man, it is a dis- missal for serious foul play. The only instance in which he can escape a dismissal is if he takes the ball and not the man."

blueinsa said:
So we can now expect to see a red card for a over head kick or a volley as they both require a player to challenge for the ball with a foot or both feet in the air with studs showing, thus leaving the ref with no option but to show red for a dangerous challenge?

Doesn't matter if they get the ball cleanly as it could have resulted in an injury eh?

What a croc of fucking shit!

You're right... Rooney should have been sent off for his shin goal if you consider what rules some are spouting here.....
1. Two feet off the ground - Tick
2. Studs showing - Tick
3. Didn't have to make contact with Micah's head because that doesn't matter.....

FA need to get to grips with this. Referees are ruining the game....

Can we just discuss the various ins and outs of the sending off, rather than threatening all sorts against Foy, we are better than that much better than that!

dctid said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

You need to read the laws of the game and the definition of serious foul play. A two footed tackle or lunge is not a sending off in its own right. It has to also endanger the opponent<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:28 pm --<br /><br />
Ducado said:
dctid said:
hgblue said:
So we tell our players to stop tackling because referees are shit or corrupt or both? Defenders are told that if they make a tackle these days they better make sure they take the ball. Kompany did that and was nowhere near Nani. Get this ridiculous decision appealed and keep up the good work Vincent.

No but tell the players to not make stupid fookin tackles when they dont need too

Thats the 4th red in a very very short period of time and it has to be addressed by the coaches because it is going to cost us.

Rightly or wrongly two footed challenges are outlawed both Konpanys feet were off the ground the fact he took the ball is irrelevent. Its a bit like driving at 100 miles an hour and getting caught - sure you did not kill anyone but your still going to get fined - Kompany did nit touch Nani but that irrelevent also

FA will back the ref unless he is prepared to say it was only a yellow we can only hope that Mancini has had a word with the referee whom has indicated he made an error - unlikely as the FA will back the ref;s 99% of the time

Unless Foy says in his match report he may have made an error! I am not having all this doom and gloom clubs only appeal when they think they have a chance!
I hope you are right. But I recall a couple of recent appeals which were rejected eg Barton and the Wolves at Arsenal. Our best hope is that the ref will admit he made an error

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.