Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

mcnab-sees-red said:
Serious foul play

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it
is in play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/lotg/futsal/en/instructions_en.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/lotg/futsal/en/instructions_en.htm</a>
So the case is did Kompany use excessive force and endanger Nani - not whether he went in with both legs raised

mcnab-sees-red said:
Serious foul play

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it
is in play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/lotg/futsal/en/instructions_en.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/lotg/futsal/en/instructions_en.htm</a>

Well, seeing that Giggs's tackle from behind on Kun didn't yield a card at all they need to re-evaluate the consistancy of refereeing and how the laws are applied. I think the Club needs to appeal the card just to make a statement.

Didn't want to bother with another thread for this, but we need stop getting players sent off in big matches soon please. It keeps costing us wins. Balotelli v Liverpool, Clichy against Chelsea, Kompany today, and other occasions where it luckily hasn't affected our win (Kompany against Wolves, Barry against Liverpool).

Can't continue after this spell because we don't need bans and suspensions, on top of injuries and African Cup of Nations, at this end of the season.

Jumanji said:
This is all I need to know.
FA rules are perfectly clear about two-footed challenges.

"The ruling for a two-footed challenge is that the moment a player leaves the floor, he is not in control of his own body," explained Referees' Development Officer for Manchester FA, Peter Roberts.

"If he takes the ball cleanly, it is a free-kick and a caution. If he takes the ball and the man, it is a free-kick and a dismissal for serious foul play.

"If he takes nothing of the ball and only the man, it is a dis- missal for serious foul play. The only instance in which he can escape a dismissal is if he takes the ball and not the man."
iv only seen the tackle live, did vinny touch nani or not? Looked like he did from where I was

dctid said:
hgblue said:
dctid said:
No but tell the players to not make stupid fookin tackles when they dont need too

Thats the 4th red in a very very short period of time and it has to be addressed by the coaches because it is going to cost us.

Rightly or wrongly two footed challenges are outlawed both Konpanys feet were off the ground the fact he took the ball is irrelevent. Its a bit like driving at 100 miles an hour and getting caught - sure you did not kill anyone but your still going to get fined - Kompany did nit touch Nani but that irrelevent also

FA will back the ref unless he is prepared to say it was only a yellow we can only hope that Mancini has had a word with the referee whom has indicated he made an error - unlikely as the FA will back the ref;s 99% of the time

Balo's red card was a joke. Barry's red card was a joke. Kompany's red card was a joke. We appeal the red card because the decision was wrong. How anyone can defend the referee and criticise Kompany is beyond me.

Kompany had both feet off the ground studs showing when he took the ball that it a two footed challenge - two footed challenges are illegal the rules are a fookin joke i agree common sense should prevail but that seems to be too much to ask for.

I have not defended the ref in anyway shape or form on my posts had you read them

I keep reading this, but no they are not!

Not that it was a 2-footed challenge in the first place (although I can see how it might have looked like it from the refs viewpoint). But even if it was, that does not mean automatic red. The rules don't say so and the guidelines only suggest red if the tackle catches the other player or involves excessive force, neither of which apply.

So it wasn't a red no matter which way you look at it.

mcnab-sees-red said:
Serious foul play

is in play.

Yet Giggs got away with a scissor tackle from behind.

NDJ said:
Jumanji said:
This is all I need to know.
FA rules are perfectly clear about two-footed challenges.

"The ruling for a two-footed challenge is that the moment a player leaves the floor, he is not in control of his own body," explained Referees' Development Officer for Manchester FA, Peter Roberts.

"If he takes the ball cleanly, it is a free-kick and a caution. If he takes the ball and the man, it is a free-kick and a dismissal for serious foul play.

"If he takes nothing of the ball and only the man, it is a dis- missal for serious foul play. The only instance in which he can escape a dismissal is if he takes the ball and not the man."
iv only seen the tackle live, did vinny touch nani or not? Looked like he did from where I was
He did not. At all.

A yellow would normally suffice but it was a risky tackle, nevermind about 15 years ago it wouldn't have even been a foul. It's 2012.

Not really sure why there's a 22 page thread on the matter. We can look at as many rulings as we like, this red is not getting rescinded. No chance. The agenda does not allow for such an action.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.