Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

Marvin said:
dctid said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
Kompany never touched Nani. Can someone tell me where this sport is going?

You dont have to touch a player for it to be a foul - if you tackle with both feet off the ground then it can be deemed as a two footed challenge which apparantly is a red card

Its become a non contact and it bollocks
You need to read the laws of the game and the definition of serious foul play. A two footed tackle or lunge is not a sending off in its own right. It has to also endanger the opponent

i do know the rules fella - i know that if you tackle with both feet off the ground you are considered not to be in control of the tackle and as a minimum even if you dont touch the player and get the ball cleanly you are going to get a yellow which is what Vinny should have got.

However make a two footed challenge with an incompetent ref like Foy then you are putting youself in peril

Now i know the rules and again it was harsh but Foy is fookin incompetent and Vinny did not need to make such a tackle.

It should have been a yellow

Marvin said:
But I recall a couple of recent appeals which were rejected eg Barton and the Wolves at Arsenal. Our best hope is that the ref will admit he made an error

When you look at the Milijas red card being upheld from the Arsenal Wolves match (which IMO was a scandalous decision from the FA) then I assume we have almost no chance of a successful appeal. The only chance is Foy admitting an error and I will be astonished if he does.

Jumanji said:
This is all I need to know.
FA rules are perfectly clear about two-footed challenges.

"The ruling for a two-footed challenge is that the moment a player leaves the floor, he is not in control of his own body," explained Referees' Development Officer for Manchester FA, Peter Roberts.

"If he takes the ball cleanly, it is a free-kick and a caution. If he takes the ball and the man, it is a free-kick and a dismissal for serious foul play"

"If he takes nothing of the ball and only the man, it is a dis- missal for serious foul play. The only instance in which he can escape a dismissal is if he takes the ball and not the man."

Good stuff...! I've made it a bit bigger to see if it sinks in

Of the 3 camera angles shown the one that looked worse was the one most similar to the view foy had. That in no way negates what believe to be the most corrupt decision in top flight football I have ever seen.

The one thing the other two angles showed and that foy perhaps could not judge, was that it was a clear 50:50 ball, Nani was neither in control of, or on the ball. That to me is what makes it not even a foul, he tackled space, not the player. It's also why Nani had time to hurdle the impact when he arrived where the ball had been before kompany won it.

Everyone seen what happened, Foy pretty much played on, Rooney then told him it was two footed, and he changed his mind and red carded Kompany. Thats it. Corrupt.

blumoonrisen said:
Jumanji said:

"The ruling for a two-footed challenge is that the moment a player leaves the floor, he is not in control of his own body," explained Referees' Development Officer for Manchester FA, Peter Roberts.

"If he takes the ball cleanly, it is a free-kick and a caution. If he takes the ball and the man, it is a free-kick and a dismissal for serious foul play"

"If he takes nothing of the ball and only the man, it is a dis- missal for serious foul play. The only instance in which he can escape a dismissal is if he takes the ball and not the man."

Sadly....

It's an old cliche, but....

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Absolutely no chance with an appeal to the tw*ts at the F.A. Unless of course one considers the evidence that the ref was clearly influenced by a certain shrek-like twat with his pubic hair transplanted onto his forehead saying "it's two footed ref, it's a red"!!!!

Serious foul play

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it
is in play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent when challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/lotg/futsal/en/instructions_en.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/lotg/futsal/en/instructions_en.htm</a>

blumoonrisen said:
Jumanji said:

There is also a catch all in the FA which allows the ref to dismiss a player if the referee considers there to be excessive malice in the challenge

In my view Vinny was not excessive but its a fookin catch all and Foy could argue that had Nani not jumped over the tackle he would have been seriously injured.

I dont agree but Foy could easily make this case stick and our appeal gets thrown out - its going to take some balls on his part to own up to this cock up after the Lampard fiasco

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.