Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

OJ Blue said:
A yellow would normally suffice but it was a risky tackle, nevermind about 15 years ago it wouldn't have even been a foul. It's 2012.

It wasn't reckless. It wasn't dangerous. It wasn't even a foul. He won the ball cleanly. You might as well come out and say that all tackling has now been outlawed from the game.

OJ Blue said:
A yellow would normally suffice but it was a risky tackle, nevermind about 15 years ago it wouldn't have even been a foul. It's 2012.

I agree with that, as I said in the match thread. It was a stupid challenge. Vincent should have realised any bent ref would have the perfect opportunity to send him off and Foy grasped it with both hands.

Chippy_boy said:
dctid said:
hgblue said:
Balo's red card was a joke. Barry's red card was a joke. Kompany's red card was a joke. We appeal the red card because the decision was wrong. How anyone can defend the referee and criticise Kompany is beyond me.

Kompany had both feet off the ground studs showing when he took the ball that it a two footed challenge - two footed challenges are illegal the rules are a fookin joke i agree common sense should prevail but that seems to be too much to ask for.

I have not defended the ref in anyway shape or form on my posts had you read them

I keep reading this, but no they are not!

Not that it was a 2-footed challenge in the first place (although I can see how it might have looked like it from the refs viewpoint). But even if it was, that does not mean automatic red. The rules don't say so and the guidelines only suggest red if the tackle catches the other player or involves excessive force, neither of which apply.

So it wasn't a red no matter which way you look at it.

Two footed challenges are illegal that why as a minum you will get booked for making one - the issue for me is the excessive force - its a fookin catch all which give refs wiggle rooms (remember the Kyut two footer against the Blue Dippers all those years ago - no contact was made but it was a clear red) Foy could argue that on his view the tackle was excessive and had Nani not junped over him he would have been seriouslt hurt

Its bollocls it really is just goota hope Foy mans up ulikely though

dctid said:
Chippy_boy said:
dctid said:
Kompany had both feet off the ground studs showing when he took the ball that it a two footed challenge - two footed challenges are illegal the rules are a fookin joke i agree common sense should prevail but that seems to be too much to ask for.

I have not defended the ref in anyway shape or form on my posts had you read them

Not that it was a 2-footed challenge in the first place (although I can see how it might have looked like it from the refs viewpoint). But even if it was, that does not mean automatic red. The rules don't say so and the guidelines only suggest red if the tackle catches the other player or involves excessive force, neither of which apply.

Two footed challenges are illegal that why as a minum you will get booked for making one - the issue for me is the excessive force - its a fookin catch all which give refs wiggle rooms (remember the Kyut two footer against the Blue Dippers all those years ago - no contact was made but it was a clear red) Foy could argue that on his view the tackle was excessive and had Nani not junped over him he would have been seriouslt hurt

I'd like to see the excerpt from the rules that says 2-footed challenges are illegal, because I genuinely do not believe they are. I think this is a myth. I think the rules just talk about excessive force.

NDJ said:
Jumanji said:
NDJ said:
iv only seen the tackle live, did vinny touch nani or not? Looked like he did from where I was
He did not. At all.
so we've got chance and we've got Bernstein.

Not really. You only have to look at the red cards they have upheld this season to see we have virtually no chance. Winning the ball and making no contact with the opponent seems to be almost irrelevant these days. Only Foy can get this rescinded by admitting a mistake (which he won't) because there is no way we will convince them.

If Fergie knew Kompany tackled like this then they went to get him sent off, hence the granny shagger surrounding the ref.
Ol purple nose is well aware that with Yaya away and VK banned his team have a chance of closing the gap. That tells me the whole scenario was played for. Problem is you have to trust the officials don't fall for the cheating, premeditated tricks, but Foy did.
He was shite in the Stoke v Spurs game earlier this season and I voiced my concerns when I knew he was going to ref our game.
The other thing Foy did was ignore plenty of fouls by their 'well known' players only to caution Wellbeck for relative nowt.

blumoonrisen said:
Jumanji said:
This is all I need to know.
FA rules are perfectly clear about two-footed challenges.

"The ruling for a two-footed challenge is that the moment a player leaves the floor, he is not in control of his own body," explained Referees' Development Officer for Manchester FA, Peter Roberts.

"If he takes the ball cleanly, it is a free-kick and a caution. If he takes the ball and the man, it is a free-kick and a dismissal for serious foul play"

"If he takes nothing of the ball and only the man, it is a dis- missal for serious foul play. The only instance in which he can escape a dismissal is if he takes the ball and not the man."

You're making out that the "two-footed-ness" was the only facet of the challenge, he "scissored" and shown his studs, like I said a yellow would generally suffice but, a red cannot be completely considered ott, risky no matter how small.

Good stuff...! I've made it a bit bigger to see if it sinks in

Only one foot was involved in the challenge, the other was foward but away from the other, the angle the scum player was coming across VK the studs didn't point towards him, VK got the ball with with his in step. The angle the ref had it would have looked a lot worse!

dctid said:
Chippy_boy said:
dctid said:

Are you completely illiterate? Read the definition of serious foul play

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.