Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

Watching it again its clear its not the two footed type lunge that potentially causes serious injuries but its far more that Kompany comes slightly at an angle sideways on and wins the ball cleanly with his right foot and his left comes down. Nani didn't even have control of the ball for it to have caused him any damage, contact was never going to take place unless Nani continued to run into Kompany.

OJ Blue said:
blumoonrisen said:
Jumanji said:
This is all I need to know.

You're making out that the "two-footed-ness" was the only facet of the challenge, he "scissored" and shown his studs, like I said a yellow would generally suffice but, a red cannot be completely considered ott, risky no matter how small.

Good stuff...! I've made it a bit bigger to see if it sinks in

You're making out that the "two-footed-ness" was the only facet of the challenge, he "scissored" and shown his studs, like I said a yellow would generally suffice but, a red cannot be completely considered ott, risky no matter how small.

Re: Foy ... Fergie's woman

inGavious said:
What a fucking disgrace ...... why is a United fan referring a derby match???

wasnt even a foul let alone a red card ... turned the game off, its a joke.

Fuck Foy, Fuck Man United, there days are numbered

Lancet Fluke said:
NDJ said:
Jumanji said:
He did not. At all.
so we've got chance and we've got Bernstein.

Not really. You only have to look at the red cards they have upheld this season to see we have virtually no chance. Winning the ball and making no contact with the opponent seems to be almost irrelevant these days. Only Foy can get this rescinded by admitting a mistake (which he won't) because there is no way we will convince them.

Mancini was very confident it will be overturned .. hmm? Again, rumour maybe, but saying his confidence rooted to him speaking to Foy both at Half Time and after the game. Maybe Foy said to Mancini he was a bit too harsh and Foy realised he got dooped by Shrek.

Well I guess we'll see how it plays out for us tomorrow hopefully, but I'm not gonna be a pessimistic dick head and say "not a chance to be turned over"... I'm a Blue and where we used to be to where we are today ... I am nothing but fookin optimistic!!

Chippy_boy said:
dctid said:
Chippy_boy said:
I keep reading this, but no they are not!

Not that it was a 2-footed challenge in the first place (although I can see how it might have looked like it from the refs viewpoint). But even if it was, that does not mean automatic red. The rules don't say so and the guidelines only suggest red if the tackle catches the other player or involves excessive force, neither of which apply.

So it wasn't a red no matter which way you look at it.

Two footed challenges are illegal that why as a minum you will get booked for making one - the issue for me is the excessive force - its a fookin catch all which give refs wiggle rooms (remember the Kyut two footer against the Blue Dippers all those years ago - no contact was made but it was a clear red) Foy could argue that on his view the tackle was excessive and had Nani not junped over him he would have been seriouslt hurt

Its bollocls it really is just goota hope Foy mans up ulikely though

I'd like to see the excerpt from the rules that says 2-footed challenges are illegal, because I genuinely do not believe they are. I think this is a myth. I think the rules just talk about excessive force.

People have posted stuff in this thread you can believe it or not

They get you which ever way - by tacking two footed you are not in control of your body - by not being in control of you body you are considered to be reckless - by being reckless you are potentialy endageing the other player - the excessive force bit is a differentiator between say a yellow or a red - that is why all two footed challenges should result in a yellow as a previous poster posted

You can believe me or not your call - Vinnys should have been a yellow not a red it was not excessive and he did not touch the player but he did have both feet off the ground in the tackle studs up which regardless of him winning the ball was a yellow and i think he would have been pulled by most refs in the prem in fact any of the major leagues in Europe

To be clear, this is ALL the rules say:

Serious foul play

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality

against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as

serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the

front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force

and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play unless

there is a clear subsequent opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send

off the player guilty of serious foul play when the ball is next out of play.

A player who is guilty of serious foul play should be sent off and play is

restarted with a direct free kick from the position where the offence occurred

(see Law 13 – Position of free kick) or a penalty kick (if the offence occurred

inside the offender's penalty area).

There is nothing in there about 2-footed challenges being illegal per se.

Neil McNab said:
Only one foot was involved in the challenge, the other was foward but away from the other, the angle the scum player was coming across VK the studs didn't point towards him, VK got the ball with with his in step. The angle the ref had it would have looked a lot worse!

Absolutely spot on, the rag player supposedly fouled didn't appeal at all, just tried to win the ball back (this is as he WAS NOT FOULED!). When the ref blew for a foul shrekky boy encouraged him to give a red card. Wellbeck was suggesting that the pen was a red card aswell..............so sporting you fookin scumn reds!!!

If a red player did that I think we would all be screaming red card and being on here calling him a dirty twat if I'm honest.

BlueRiz said:
Lancet Fluke said:
NDJ said:
so we've got chance and we've got Bernstein.

Not really. You only have to look at the red cards they have upheld this season to see we have virtually no chance. Winning the ball and making no contact with the opponent seems to be almost irrelevant these days. Only Foy can get this rescinded by admitting a mistake (which he won't) because there is no way we will convince them.

Mancini was very confident it will be overturned .. hmm? Again, rumour maybe, but saying his confidence rooted to him speaking to Foy both at Half Time and after the game. Maybe Foy said to Mancini he was a bit too harsh and Foy realised he got dooped by Shrek.

Well I guess we'll see how it plays out for us tomorrow hopefully, but I'm not gonna be a pessimistic dick head and say "not a chance to be turned over"... I'm a Blue and where we used to be to where we are today ... I am nothing but fookin optimistic!!

It is one thing for Foy to admit it was a bit harsh privately to Mancini, it is another to recommend rescinding it to the FA panel. I hope he does though obviously as it is our only chance. I'm not being unduly pessimistic for the sake of it (my pessimism is aimed at the FA not City) but because I think the FA panel is made up of lunatics who will back the ref at almost all costs. I've mentioned Milijas already because that was an outrageous decision, much less of an offence than VK's and it was still upheld. I'm not saying it is right but it is unfortunately reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.