Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

I've got a sneaky feeling we may win this one,there are plenty of experienced and influential voices nonsensing the decision.

Lancet Fluke said:
Chippy_boy said:
We lost the game when (a) Balotelli and Dzeko were unfit and Yaya was told he couldn't play, and (b) when Mancini (quite understandably) decided at 0-3 it was better to take Silva and AJ off.

If I was to be harsh I would also add (c) playing Kolorov instead of Clichy.

I just cannot agree with (b) at all.

I am not saying it was the wrong thing to do. What I am saying is that with hindsight, had we had Silva still on the pitch at 2-3, we might well have drawn or won.

Chippy_boy said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Chippy_boy said:
We lost the game when (a) Balotelli and Dzeko were unfit and Yaya was told he couldn't play, and (b) when Mancini (quite understandably) decided at 0-3 it was better to take Silva and AJ off.

I am not saying it was the wrong thing to do. What I am saying is that with hindsight, had we had Silva still on the pitch at 2-3, we might well have drawn or won.
Or we might've lost.

With the draw Utd have got it was probably one competition too far anyway.

Overturn Kompany's red and it's looking good

Jumanji said:
Chippy_boy said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Or we might've lost.

Indeed so. There's no certainties in life. All I was saying is that at 0-3 down, taking Silva and AJ off was damage limitation and a sign that we had at that point given up on any realistic chances of a result.

To be clear, I am not criticising anyone here. I think it was the right thing to do. But realistically the game was lost once we did that. With the players left on the pitch it was a miracle we got it back to 2-3.

Chippy_boy said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Chippy_boy said:

We were better after the changes than before so I just don't think the changes can be argued as a reason for the defeat. He should have made the changes much earlier (and personally I would have preferred Nasri off instead of Silva) but essentially the changes he made got us back into the game rather than costing us the game imo.

Keown says it is a joke. Clearly gets the ball.
Graham Poll says max. a yellow.

And I say Chris Foy is up there with Walton. QPR-Chelsea, Stoke-Spurs and now this.
He really fucks with United's rivals.

Foy should get a 3 game ban.

Chippy_boy said:
Jumanji said:
Chippy_boy said:
Or we might've lost.

Indeed so. There's no certainties in life. All I was saying is that at 0-3 down, taking Silva and AJ off was damage limitation and a sign that we had at that point given up on any realistic chances of a result.

To be clear, I am not criticising anyone here. I think it was the right thing to do. But realistically the game was lost once we did that. With the players left on the pitch it was a miracle we got it back to 2-3.

I'd argue that we Silva might have slowed down our break outs which mainly came through aguero and milner at pace.

But i'll get slaughtered cos nasri hardly did anything at pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.