Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

"Whether he won the ball or not is irrelevant"

Surely this is the difference between a well timed tackle and a poorly timed one?

eg. Scholes FA Cup semi-final v Zabaleta. Wins ball - no foul. Doesn't - red card.

Kompany wins ball, made no contact - no foul.
If he hadn't won ball, then fair play.

Ferguson's post match comments were aimed at both the appeal and other refs.

1. The comment about how much damage could have been done to Nani was designed to influence the panel (he knew we'd appeal it) - making his point well ahead of time.

2. The comment about Kompany doing it before and getting away with it was designed to influence referees in future games.

He's a ****. Today just reminded of why I hate them so much. They say there's nothing worse than a sore loser, well a bad winner is worse, and the Rags are the worst winners I've come across.

Re: "Whether he won the ball or not is irrelevant"

coulsonblue said:
Surely this is the difference between a well timed tackle and a poorly timed one?

eg. Scholes FA Cup semi-final v Zabaleta. Wins ball - no foul. Doesn't - red card.

Don't compare tackles that are completely different. Kompany went in strangely and two feet were around the tackle. I can see why he was sent off even though I thought it was very harsh and just a talking to would have done. But it was a bit of a naive thing to do by Vincent.

Re: "Whether he won the ball or not is irrelevant"

danburge82 said:
coulsonblue said:

Don't compare tackles that are completely different. Kompany went in strangely and two feet were around the tackle. I can see why he was sent off even though I thought it was very harsh and just a talking to would have done. But it was a bit of a naive thing to do by Vincent.

I didn't, i created a thread so the title: "that he won the ball makes no difference" was removed.

malg said:

1. The comment about how much damage could have been done to Nani was designed to influence the panel (he knew we'd appeal it) - making his point well ahead of time.

2. The comment about Kompany doing it before and getting away with it was designed to influence referees in future games.

He's a ****. Today just reminded of why I hate them so much. They say there's nothing worse than a sore loser, well a bad winner is worse, and the Rags are the worst winners I've come across.

to be fair Vinnie has made that sort of scissors tackle before, but he normally wins the ball, as he did today but the ref bottled it.

It's not a 2 footed tackle in the traditional sense, but it does tend to look like an awkward tackle.

That being said, Fergie's the only one criticising Vinnie for it, the panel will uphold the ban anyway, they have no choice after their stances over Milijas and Barton.

malg said:

Have a link to his interview by any chance? So unprofessional!

Sorry blues but I don't think we have any realistic chance at an appeal, as some people have pointed out the biggest reason a decision would be overturned or whatever is because the ref didn't see it/didn't have a clear view, in this case Foy knew exactly what he was doing and the FA/Disciplinary board/whoever will back the ref until the cows come home.

It was a harsh red card, but we have no chance on appeal. I just hope they don't deem it frivilous and extend it by a game. He's going to be a huge loss. The defeat I can take, but the loss of our captain for four games is a real kick in the balls.

It wasn't even a foul but why bother appealing because I know now it will not be rescinded.

Anyone know when we will get a decision back on thr appeal from the corrupt fucking FA, the quicker we get a decision the better we can focus on Wednesday game against dippers?

kiam06 said:
It wasn't even a foul but why bother appealing because I know now it will not be rescinded.

Can only hope that Mancini thinks Foy will own up and admit is should have been a yellow

Failing that we are doing what the rags did last year with Ferdinand - making sure we play him for the home tie against Liverpool and hope we dont get an extra games ban

if we do then i am convinced this whole fookin thing is fixed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.