Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

cleavers said:
City Raider said:
He could have said it sarcastically, as in 'appeal it then'
That's what he will have meant, if Foy had decided he was wrong he would have said so in his match report and there would be no need to appeal.

Yup! maybe this is why Roberto was saying "we will win appeal" in his post-mach interview and media outlets are quoting him that he's that confident.

I think Kidd, Bobby and the City folks all know if Foy was sarcastic then there is no point of appealing and being so confident it will overturn. Lets just see and wait for the decision tomorw

But can you imagine the RAGE Shrek and Wio would be in if it was overturned ... Priceless.

waspish said:
Who was the fourth official? Looking at the video Foy had his head down listening on his headset then he blew his whistle and gave Kompany the red! He was told to give it!!

Watched it on TV when I came back from the game. The 4th official looked to me to be the biased twat that refereed the Liverpool game.

HalfwayUpTheKippax said:
waspish said:
Who was the fourth official? Looking at the video Foy had his head down listening on his headset then he blew his whistle and gave Kompany the red! He was told to give it!!

Watched it on TV when I came back from the game. The 4th official looked to me to be the biased twat that refereed the Liverpool game.
yes jones

cleavers said:
City Raider said:
He could have said it sarcastically, as in 'appeal it then'
That's what he will have meant, if Foy had decided he was wrong he would have said so in his match report and there would be no need to appeal.

No, I think you still have to appeal and then they look at the referee's report as part of the evidence:

The Regulatory Commission that considers a claim of wrongful dismissal is concerned with only the question of whether any sanction of a suspension from play is one which should be imposed in view of the facts of the case. This role is not to usurp the role of the Referee
and the dismissal from the Field of Play will remain on the record of the Club and the Player, will remain the subject of the administration fee and will accrue the appropriate number of penalty points for a first team sending off.

The Claim will be determined based on video and/or DVD and written evidence only.
None of the Match Officials nor the Club or Player are entitled to be present or represented at the Regulatory Commission.

(f) Players and Clubs should note that the time limits set out above are strict. Only complete claims submitted before the relevant deadlines will be considered by The Association.
(g) Once the claim is lodged with The Association it will confirm that the video and/or DVD shows the incident as reported by the Referee/Assistant Referee and the claim has conformed with the criteria.
(h) Prior to the commencement of the suspension, a Regulatory Commission will be convened to decide the matter on any relevant documentary and video and/or DVD evidence submitted. The following procedures will be used at a Commission unless the Commission
thinks it appropriate to amend them:
The Commission Secretary will produce:
I. (i) The Referee’s report, reports from any other Match Official and any other evidence supporting the Referee’s action.
(ii) All statements and video and other evidence provided in support of the claim, including details of the Player ;
II. After considering the evidence, the Commission will decide whether the claim should be rejected or successful.
III. If the Commission’s decision is to reject the claim, it will, in every case, go on to consider whether or not the player’s punishment should be increased.
If the Commission considers that the rejected claim had no prospect of success and / or amounts to an abuse of process, the Commission shall have the discretion to increase the penalty up to twice the standard punishment set out in this Memorandum.
In all other cases, the Player reported by the Referee shall serve the standard punishment as set out in this Memorandum. In all cases where a claim is rejected the fee shall be retained.

Some defensive cover may be en route...

SunMartinB Martin Blackburn
Mancini insisted in august on option to recall Boyata from #bwfc this month. coyle would prob drive him back to carrington himself. #mcfc
11 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

And fook off Owen Coyle. Lauded for his "development" of Sturridge and Wilshere, he has now damaged the progress of Weiss, Kakuta, and Boyata. The first two he sat on the bench for most of their stays and Boyata was pushed into a right-back role when he is a centre-back.

bluedan said:
TUNNEL CAM

KIDD TO KOMPANY AFTER MEETING WITH REFEREE AT THE END OF THE VIDEO

"He (ref) said appeal it" - Kidd

Komps has a chance here blues. Volume right up you can hear Kiddo say that. Fingers crossed

My only concern over those comments are,could the ref have said "well if you don`t like my decision then appeal", meaning "fuck you City"
Hope not and maybe my faith in justice may be just 24 hours away !!

At the game, virtually all around the ground you could hear "great tackle Vinny" and I couldn't believe it was a free kick never mind a red card.

When I got home, I watched it again and it was softer than I first thought. Nani shit out of the challenge and was nowhere near the ball ........ if that's a red card, then I give up.

I don't think the FA will overturn it except if the referee has seen it again and had a change of heart. Fingers crossed - the derby has gone but the two legged semi plus the Spurs game are the ones where we need Vinny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.