Re: Kompany's red card and appeal? (merged)

Re: Kompany's red card and appeal?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnj0bg_vincent-kompany-red-card_sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnj0bg ... card_sport</a>

There you go make your mind up never a red card in a million years

Ducado said:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnj0bg_vincent-kompany-red-card_sport

It wasn`t a tackle, it was an interception!

Ducado said:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnj0bg_vincent-kompany-red-card_sport

Correct - getting a bit fed up with this negativity over the appeal

Here in Spain where a fookin touch is deemed a red the commentators were incredulous and dumbsrtuck as to why he was sent off. Having seen it half a dozen times he´s nowhere near the Portuguese fookin drag queen and wins the ball clean as a whistle.
City have no option but to appeal - wasn´t even a foul FFS!! Rooney the scouse scummer didn´t help either the fookin slimeball twat! God I wish someone would take a fookin punt and finish his career

Kompany's red card and appeal?

Let's not get high and mighty about Rooney. Even Bobby was waving imaginary cards last week on the touchline for Skrtel.

No red card obviously, but it won't get rescinded. Can understand why it was given though from the ref's angle.

All those who are saying it will never be overturned and Vinny will be out for 3 matches I say ... ok, you have your opinion, as safe one but not a fighting one. Read below and see what you think. I think this is why Mancini and the staff (all experts) after watching Vinnys tackle about 20 times (as Micah said in his post match interview) have decided to appeal confidently.

FA rules are perfectly clear about two-footed challenges.

"The ruling for a two-footed challenge is that the moment a player leaves the floor, he is not in control of his own body," explained Referees' Development Officer for Manchester FA, Peter Roberts.

"If he takes the ball cleanly, it is a free-kick and a caution. If he takes the ball and the man, it is a free-kick and a dismissal for serious foul play.

"If he takes nothing of the ball and only the man, it is a dis- missal for serious foul play. The only instance in which he can escape a dismissal is if he takes the ball and not the man."

Make your minds up after watching Vinny's tackle ladies and gents and see what you think.
All I know is:

1. Mancini is going for appeal (Forza Mancini)
2. We bowed out of FA Cup the in the classiest and most brave way possible (The Media everywhere is talking less about Rags win andn more about City as Fighters, which will piss every rag off)
3. Our momentum is not phased one bit (you can see how some rags in Red Cafe even think the "polish has been wiped off a win"). More impetus to go for title.
4. Mancini was kind of saying indirectly 'to fuck the FA cup off cos we wont it last year' and wants to go for the Carling Cup and the League and poss Europa.

CTID!

I didn't think he was out of control, and I didn't think there was any intent (malicious) so the only thing you have is a technical 'two feet off' the ground (?) challenge and he made what otherwise looked like a clean 'tackle' winning the ball.

it's up for debate whether there was anything worthy of ungentlemanly conduct, but with regards to the appeal process itself it's quite possible the F A will side with the referee (who had a miserable game) but I think we should appeal and am hoping if we don't win the punishment will remain at 4 games suspended.

an awful lot of subjectivity in reading this situation, other than the historical precedent of crappy and inconsistent refereeing decisions and the piss-poor record of the F A in handling matters (not simply disciplinary ones); although that said, credit to Bernstein for trying to do his bit to improve on things.

Squatter said:
Let's not get high and mighty about Rooney. Even Bobby was waving imaginary cards last week on the touchline for Skrtel.

No red card obviously, but it won't get rescinded. Can understand why it was given though from the ref's angle.

I see you have difficulty distinguishing thuggery from a well timed tackle

"If he takes the ball cleanly, it is a free-kick and a caution. If he takes the ball and the man, it is a free-kick and a dismissal for serious foul play.

If we take that on face value we have a good case but, If Nani is deemed to have jumped out of the way to avoid any contact would the interpretation be different ?

Kompany's red card and appeal?

That's the first time I have seen it since the game, and at the game it didn't look like a red but omg that is one of the worst decisions I have ever.
Vinny wins the ball cleanly with one foot and it bounces off the other ,if we are taking tackling out of the game it's time to give up what a fucking joke.
Noticed the piss soaked old fucker has commented about vinny doing it before and putting the pressure on for the ban to stand.
Rooney is a **** end of it's not like he has ever committed a foul before now is it.

OF63M.gif

Its a red card for me, you don't have to hit the player for it to be red and imagine what could of happened if Nani hadn't jumped out of the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.