Re: txiki, soriano and mancini please take note.

Ragnarok said:
The cookie monster said:
Everything is mancini's fault ragnorak
Now even van Persie not joining us is down to him

I know but from among the staunch outers, the only person who makes reasonable discussions are PB, thats why i asked him.
It's because the agreement for him to come and the personal terms were agreed well before the summer but the requirement was that someone had to go to finance the deal and that would have to be one of the strikers as we couldn't realistically accommodate 5 of them. Balotelli was the obvious candidate and we had a good offer for him but Mancini apparently had a huge strop and refused to countenance the deal.

I don't know the situation with Tevez or Dzeko and whether we didn't get any offers or whether the owners wanted to keep them but van Persie waited as long as he could then did a deal with the rags. That's the story as I understand it from two unconnected (to each other not the club) sources.

As someone said, Hazard was down to the agent's demands which were far in excess of the limit we had set plus he might well have gone to Chelsea anyway on the grounds he'd have a better chance in the CL. Which is understandable and another reason why we need to do better in that competition because many of the top players won't take us seriously until we do.

And to make it clear, I don't think that Mancini, as good as he is domestically, will deliver that. I'm happy to give him a chance and would be delighted if he proves me wrong but if that makes me an outer then so be it. Even most of the inners agree that another CL failure like this season's would not be acceptable.

Super Ned said:
de niro said:
Do not allow this to happen again. The club fucked up big time last august and now we see the result. You owe us now, you must put it right.
No in fighting, no dawdling, no ffp shit. Just sort it.
Get the players in early, move the deadwood afterwards if necessary but don't hang around.
The scum may be skint but Chelsea aren't, if we fuck about they'll sign our targets.

No excuses.

You owe us? You can't be serious. Sounds like an unhealthy sense of entitlement to me.

i've paid it to "the project" for years, blood sweat, tears and of course dosh. i dont expect to be fucked about. they raised our hopes up, we didn't ask for that they just did, now they have to deliver.

Football isn't as simple as that Bill. Nobody wins it every year and we won't be any different. We will win it, they will, Chelsea might pop up with the odd win over the next 10 years as well. It's football.

Doesn't constitute failure.

What we need to do is improve in Europe, that is a failure thus far.

It will be sorted this summer I have no doubt. The guys in charge of sorting our transfer dealings (Txiki and Soriano) and the actual terms of the payments are experienced and have dealt with some of the biggest names in football.

Some seem to worry that they will struggle to offload high earners - sorry but that will not be the case. They did so at barca by shifting players like Reizeger, kluivert & co who were on vast amounts of money which were holding back Barca at the time. Barca started off with a run of results which nearly ended up with them losing control of the club, but they perservered and turned the club around.

Soriano & Txiki are both very shrewd characters., keep the faith blues. We cannot win every season and I believe we will look back at this season as a massive learning curve in the progress of our club.

Not to mention that we can still finish by becoming FA Cup Champions and finishing in a healthy second place.

The scum will be gloating but they have been silent all season until last night. They are a retarded bunch who seem to think that we will go away.

I am sorry but what they fail to realise is that we have not even got started. This summer will be a major leap forward for us, The academy will see us in 3-4 years producing THE best talent in Europe along with Barca.

It does hurt, we cannot deny it. But the future for us as fans of CITY is great. We are moving forever progressing and learning.

the blue panther said:
Dr Conrad Murray has launched his appeal against his conviction for killing Michael Jackson, citing Mancini as the guilty party. An injection was nothing to do with the cause of death; it was a blue and white City scarf tied firmly round Jackson's neck, which Murray removed before applying the injection to revive Jackson. Mancini had been seen in the area only months before, and he was not wearing his city scarf.
Sky sources say that Mancini wasn't City manager at the time of Jackson's death, but that shouldn't be any bar to his conviction.

US News bulletin: Recent improvements in computer graphics analysis have been analysing photographs from Dealy Plaza from Novembe 22, 1963. Photographic enhancements show a man with a blue and white scarf positioned behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll. The FBI are conducting a further investigation

de niro said:
Super Ned said:
de niro said:
Do not allow this to happen again. The club fucked up big time last august and now we see the result. You owe us now, you must put it right.
Get the players in early, move the deadwood afterwards if necessary but don't hang around.
The scum may be skint but Chelsea aren't, if we fuck about they'll sign our targets.

No excuses.

You owe us? You can't be serious. Sounds like an unhealthy sense of entitlement to me.

i've paid it to "the project" for years, blood sweat, tears and of course dosh. i dont expect to be fucked about. they raised our hopes up, we didn't ask for that they just did, now they have to deliver.

You raised your own hopes, to clearly unrealistic levels. We're about to qualify for our 3rd successive Champions League campaign and will probably win our 2nd F.A Cup in 3 seasons. Look at the tables down the years, United, Chelsea and Arsenal have all finished 10+ points behind the eventual champions at some stage. Even during their successful periods, it happens - we aren't special and we aren't owed anything. I think we've had more than our fair share and with the investment in the academy and the entire infrastructure the future is looking very bright indeed.

de niro said:

No excuses.
They do not owe us anything, whatsoever.

Super Ned said:
de niro said:
Super Ned said:

You raised your own hopes, to clearly unrealistic levels. We're about to qualify for our 3rd successive Champions League campaign and will probably win our 2nd F.A Cup in 3 seasons. Look at the tables down the years, United, Chelsea and Arsenal have all finished 10+ points behind the eventual champions at some stage. Even during their successful periods, it happens - we aren't special and we aren't owed anything. I think we've had more than our fair share and with the investment in the academy and the entire infrastructure the future is looking very bright indeed.

Great post - great perspective

We seem to talk each season about "bring the players in early to give us time to integrate them into the squad", this never seems to actually happen as we drag our feet over transfer targets. This needs to change and we need to look at strengthening early, with no international tournament this summer there's no excuses.

Whilst it's the biggest crock of shit to taint football for many a year we simply can't just ignore FFP this summer. As fans we'll be calling for the likes of Cavani, or Falcao, or Goetze or people of that calibre to be added to the squad. What we need to realise is that our commercial and sponsorship revenue is still in a development stage, it's getting stronger and stronger but, at this point, we can't just go out and spend £80m on players without an attempt to "balance the books" with outgoings. We've got £20m in our pocket from the Balotelli sale, as we didn't add anyone in January when he left, but we'll need to offload some of the fringe players, and some of the players no longer good enough for the squad. RSC and Bridge will finally be off the wage bill this summer as their contracts finally come to an end. Kolo Toure is also out of contract and has been quoted as saying he isn't going to beoffered a new deal. Then you get to the "need to be shipped out" list. Dzeko and Kolarov top that for me. We'd need replacements for both, but Kolarov is a liability defensively, and doesn't offer enough going forward whereas Dzeko is frustratingly inconsistent and the poor performances are becoming too frequent. Lescott is another who may well go. I think we'd want to keep him for the final year of his contract as a back up left sided centre half for Nastasic, however with a World Cup coming up next summer Lescott has already been pretty vocal about his need to play regularly in order to make the England squad for that. I don't think we can offer him what he wants, so I think we may well sell him, which would mean a replacement centre half will also be required (2 realistically with Kolo also going).

The Tevez situation is an interesting one. He's got 1 year left on his contract. For me I'd offer him another 2 years on top of that, taking him through to summer 2016. He's proven this season that the desire and hunger to play are still there, and the quality has never been in doubt. The issue here is does he actually want to stay, or is he happy to leave when his deal is done? If he doesn't want to sign a new deal I'd keep him for the last year of his contract. Whatever we get for selling him wouldn't be enough to replace him, and I think the influence he could have on a title bid next season is far more valuable to us than whatever money we'd get for selling him on.

What we need to make sure is that, whoever we bring in this summer, they are of the standard requried to make us better. Nastasic aside, last summers signings did not do that. Javi Garcia, Sinclair and Maicon have all been disappointing, to different degrees, and for different reasons. Garcia simply doesn't seem to be able to handle the pace of the English game, Sinclair hasn't been given a sniff of a chance, Maicon is clearly way past his best and not close to good enough.

How about we sign a bunch of the best players in the Premier League for millions of pounds & the manager organises, motivates, bollocks, praises & generally 'manages' them to play like the best players in the Premier League ?

Hang on a minute..we already have bought a bunch of the best players in the Premier League!

Well one thing's for sure, after a year playing together & winning the title, ALL of them would certainly move up to another level.

Hang on a minute..we DID win the title, & they have all had time to settle in, yet are now performing much worse than they were last season.

Crikey! Better sign some new ones then & hope they win us the title next season, then sign some other new ones.

The only alternative would be for the manager to organise, motivate, bollock, praise & generally 'manage' them to play consistently well, & we have clearly seen, that's not going to happen.

Get the chequebook out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.