Re: txiki, soriano and mancini please take note.

Chippy_boy said:
And I think we will lose some quality players, replace with similar at best (no better) and will be rebuilding.

I believe we can improve by replacing outgoing players with a similar level of quality. It is key that we replace some players with others who have a better attitude and give us something that the outgoing players didn't. For example, someone who is quicker, someone who is very good at set-pieces and someone with more fight and hunger.

However, in terms of a striker, we need someone who is world class.

CTID101 said:
So you expect Roman to smash the bank for FFP yet not us?

Why do you think we will just lie down and just as you say sell quality players and replace them with similar and no better? Yet let everyone around us strengthen?
If that happens then wtf are Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour paying Txiki for?

Chelsea managed to make a profit last year IIRC, and we are still way into the red. And to be honest, I think we are a better run club that will take FFPR more seriously than Roman does.

But look at who we are likely to lose in the next window:

Dzeko
Nasri
maybe Tevez (god I hope not)
Kolo?
Lescott?
Barry will probably still be here but 1 year slower.

These are all quality players. Like for like replacement of that lot would likely cost £100m. And that's without blowing £50m or whatever it would take to land Falcao.

Chippy_boy said:
kp789 said:
I think we will absolutely walk the league next season. It is just down to our champions league performance. But it will be a very good season.

I think we will really struggle.

I think United will strengthen again. And I think we will lose some quality players, replace with similar at best (no better) and will be rebuilding.

Unless we get smash the piggy bank open to get some REAL quality in (and I don't see that happening thanks to FFPR), I can't see next season being any easier than this. Harder in fact.

Plus, I expect Roman will ignore FFPR again and get Falcao in at any price. We will do well to get 2nd next year I fear.

(Sorry lads - I wish I was more positive!)

Part of me agrees with you. I think they might finally strengthen there midfield and improve there squad because they'll manage to get over the odds amount of money for there fringe players while we get less than market value for very good players. And Chelsea with a world class striker is a very scary thought with the creative players they already have!

But then the other part of me says stop being so negative and just wait and see what happens. Even with new players, it's going to be hard for united to replicate the results they've got this season where as we have lots of room to improve. I'll wait and see what happens before I get too disheartened about our chances next season!

And I agree with what others have been saying about getting our targets in early. It would be nice if we weren't left waiting till the last week of August before signing our targets but sometimes its not as simple as just buying the player. The selling club will want to make sure they can find an adequate replacement. Plus, I know its not the best example but we don't want to do what QPR did when they signed Robert Green early on in the window only to sign Julio Cesar later on in the window when he became available.

And I forgot the horrible prospect of Mourinho back at Chelsea.

Can you imagine the current Chelsea side (Oscar, Mata, Hazard etc), strengthened, and then add Falcao up top and Mourinho managing it.

Frightening prospect to be honest.

I think this season for us was a fuck up of larger proportion than we might ever have imagined. I ever the time to keep your foot full on the gas, it was last summers transfer window. Back to back titles and better in Europe and we'd be in a massively stronger position. It was a right fuck up.

It´s rather ugly when City-fans on here have this idea that Sheikh Mansour is their personal Santa Claus..That winning is all about here and now.

Chippy_boy said:

Can you imagine the current Chelsea side (Oscar, Mata, Hazard etc), strengthened, and then add Falcao up top and Mourinho managing it.

I think this season for us was a fuck up of larger proportion than we might ever have imagined. I ever the time to keep your foot full on the gas, it was last summers transfer window. Back to back titles and better in Europe and we'd be in a massively stronger position. It was a right fuck up.

I think this will happen

S04 said:
It´s rather ugly when City-fans on here have this idea that Sheikh Mansour is their personal Santa Claus..That winning is all about here and now.

Who's saying that? I am certainly not. I am just saying the with FFPR and other teams strengthening, it's going to very difficult next year. IMHO a bigger challenge next year than this.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:49 am --<br /><br />
the goats backside said:
Chippy_boy said:

I think this will happen

So do I.

Chippy_boy said:
CTID101 said:
So you expect Roman to smash the bank for FFP yet not us?

Why do you think we will just lie down and just as you say sell quality players and replace them with similar and no better? Yet let everyone around us strengthen?
If that happens then wtf are Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour paying Txiki for?

Chelsea managed to make a profit last year IIRC, and we are still way into the red. And to be honest, I think we are a better run club that will take FFPR more seriously than Roman does.

But look at who we are likely to lose in the next window:

Dzeko
Nasri
maybe Tevez (god I hope not)
Kolo?
Lescott?
Barry will probably still be here but 1 year slower.

These are all quality players. Like for like replacement of that lot would likely cost £100m. And that's without blowing £50m or whatever it would take to land Falcao.
So Chelsea make a £1.4m profit and can now go and spend what they want?

I think Soriano said a few weeks ago we are heading for a 50m loss? half of what it was last year.
FFP will be countered by showing a downward turn in spending and so on.

We have this summer to get in the right signings or we could be shafted for a while, that is why I think we will pounce and bring the right people in.

Like for like replacements may well cost 100m but we don't need to replace them all and I think we could bring in just over 50m for them and the likes of Kolarov, Maicon and you have to remember the wages from RSC and Bridge + Mario money + some cash out of the bank.
Most top teams will probably spend this summer around 50m and so will we on paper but we will have sold the deadwood in the team and brought in real quality improving the team.

de niro said:
Do not allow this to happen again. The club fucked up big time last august and now we see the result. You owe us now, you must put it right.
No in fighting, no dawdling, no ffp shit. Just sort it.
Get the players in early, move the deadwood afterwards if necessary but don't hang around.
The scum may be skint but Chelsea aren't, if we fuck about they'll sign our targets.

No excuses.

First up they owe us fuck all. We are lucky to have such owners. So much for outers being spoiled, this is exactly the definition of spoiled.

No fighting, Bobby is the one calling out Marwood in public.
Move deadwood, most of which couldn't be sold but are out of contract, Bobbys deadwood includes Maicon, Garcia, Kolarov, Dzeko and Nasri.
No FFP shit, ok we should go against that and be excluded from invitation to the European Champions League (you know the biggest event in club football) which brings in vital revenue and also big players.

I agree with the dawdling bit but quite simply we overpaid for some players fees and wages and its hard to sell players that are too expensive for their own good. We are where we want to be and the days of paying over the odds for RSC, Ade, Bridge etc are gone.

It's not about signing players all the time either, its about getting the value out of what you have. Bobby strikes me as a car enthusiast who has 10 cars and drives 5 yet tries to justify needing another 5, don't worry about depreciation and losing money, narrowminded financial frivolity is the mantra we must follow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.