Re: txiki, soriano and mancini please take note.

If we have another summer like last year, we will find ourselves in the scrap for Champions League football again as Chelsea will overtake us, especially once Jose returns. No fuck ups please.

Manc in London said:
Chippy_boy said:
And I think we will lose some quality players, replace with similar at best (no better) and will be rebuilding.

I believe we can improve by replacing outgoing players with a similar level of quality. It is key that we replace some players with others who have a better attitude and give us something that the outgoing players didn't. For example, someone who is quicker, someone who is very good at set-pieces and someone with more fight and hunger.

However, in terms of a striker, we need someone who is world class.

One vote for Cavani...

Plenty of good comment on this thread, and it adds up to being a campaign that was for one reason or another botched up almost from the end of last season's triumph. Worries about FFP, the lack of a CEO, Marwood screwing up, Mancini demanding players such as RVP, Hazard, De Rossi, Martinez and Agger but ending up with a bunch of benchwarmers instead [I will exclude the excellent Nastasic from this criticism as he was signed as our 4th CB and as one for the future], then there was an experimentation with 3-5-2 instead of continuing with our tried and proven 4-2-3-1 set-up, a system that drew criticism from Richards and Lescott. It's all a collective responsibility.

We now have our Barca duo steering the ship, their appointments effectively demoting Mancini from manager to coach, and this is proven by Tricky Tixiki telling the world that our formation for next season will be 4-3-3. If this isn't a case of someone from above interfering with the manager's job, then I don't know what is.

But even so, it is the hierarchy's ambition to develop young players from the academy which is wonderful in itself but is nowhere near guaranteed to bringing the club success, nowhere near the success that could accrue from recruiting players through the transfer market instead. The new facilities might help, but without proper coaches at junior level and without finding wonderful young players for ourselves, players with the requisite skills, temperament, ambition and dedication, then this new concept is doomed to failure.

And finally, developing young players takes time. Are we, the supporters, willing to sit back and wait for an unspecified number of years, trophyless, while these kids are being developed? Especially if the rags are waving the chequebook around and landing more trophies? I don't think so.

Tricky_Trev said:
If we have another summer like last year, we will find ourselves in the scrap for Champions League football again as Chelsea will overtake us, especially once Jose returns. No fuck ups please.

I think for the next few seasons we are going to see the firm establishment of a Sky Three in this country. Us, the scum and Chelsea. To be honest I can't see any of the other clubs competing with those three teams.

But it's going to be a real scrap between the three every year and I don't see a clear favourite.

Re: Will the powers that be

I think if Txiki and Ferran wanted to send a message to Mancini it would be here is your P45. So if thats not the message then we will have to wait and see if Mancini is realistic with his targets because we cannot just throw money around anymore

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I think if Txiki and Ferran wanted to send a message to Mancini it would be here is your P45. So if thats not the message then we will have to wait and see if Mancini is realistic with his targets because we cannot just throw money around anymore

We threw a lot of money around last summer...on shit, and still cut the losses down by 50% so we can throw money around, but it has to be in the right places and on the right people. Hopefully whoever fucked up last summer, has either been told to be quiet, or moved.

OHHH!!! Are there any ITKs on here who have some good happy positive rumour/news on potential targets..??

Come on Tolmie, Danamy, Salfordpaul, CityLove anyone!? ... Jeez I need some good news after last night and now Goetze going to the low blow c*nts known as Bayern

citysix said:
i hope your happy brian the snail..is he still at the club..
If he had any shamed he'd have fucked off when he got demoted to oversee the reserves.

It wouldn't have been the least headline grabbing thing to do, but this summer is the ideal chance for The Snail to 'resign' so he can 'spend more time with his family'.

He royally fucked up last summer & I squarely put the blame on his toes. Mancini warned what would happen, because outside of our best 16 players, the quality needed to compete at the very highest level falls off a cliff edge and this is what The Snail failed to address to our ultimate detriment.

What would excite you all now though??

Cavani is a great player but he wouldnt excite me. Id just be happy.

Dont think theres many players at the mo where i would be really excited.
Probably just
Bale
Falcao (but we have Kun and Carlos so wont go for him)

I think we'll get Cavani and the rest young up and comers like Adam Maher from AZ.

Really need pace so maybe Reus from Dortmund would be good.

Dzeko out – cavani in
Nasri out – bale in

£60m net spend

Title is ours again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.