Re: txiki, soriano and mancini please take note.

GaudinoMotors said:
Chippy_boy said:
I'm no cynic said:
The new facilities might help, but without proper coaches at junior level and without finding wonderful young players for ourselves, players with the requisite skills, temperament, ambition and dedication, then this new concept is doomed to failure.

On the contrary.

What we are doing with the academy investment more or less guarantees success. You just need deep pockets, and patience. That is all. Everything else follows.

If you want evidence for this, I give you:

_62113027_chrishoycelebrateshissixtholympicgoldmedal.jpg

laura-trott_2304490b.jpg

pendleton-350x350.jpg

London 2012 Gold medal tally:

UK 8
Rest of the World put together 10

Total and utter dominance. Why? Not because we are naturally gifted cyclists. It's because we invested in it. Focused investment specifically targeted at delivering results in the medium to long term and that is what you get.

Track Cycling - arghhhh!
We threw shed loads of money at something that required little talent (including rowing) and that few other countries took seriously. It may be more difficult with the worldwide beautiful game.
Which event are you participating in at the next Olympics?

crystal_mais said:
de niro said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Why do people assume we can just snap our fingers and our chosen targets will come?

Last summer De Rossi didn't want to move, Hazard chose Chelsea, we screwed up over van Persie but that wasn't Marwood's fault it was Mancini's. Maicon, Nastasic, Rodwell and possibly Garcia were well on our radar. Sinclair certainly seems to have been a panic buy I'll grant you.

As I've said before, if we're involved it immediately gets more complicated, agents screw things up a lot of the time and a few transfers have fallen through simply because of their antics or demands. That will happen whoever is in charge and however professional they are. Let's see what happens this summer.

hazard was ours, nailed on, I was told to buy the shirt. then marwood dillies and dallies in order to save a few quid. as he does so Chelsea fluke the CL title. he chose them at the 11 th hour think he's joining the champions of Europe, what could go wrong.he was of course mistaken but it was too late for us to enable a replacement of that quality.

we got Sinclair.

title gone that day.

Hazard was nailed on but wanted to see what happened in the Champs League Final. The owners instructed Marwood that there is a limit of what we will pay (inc Agents fees) - Not Marwood but Khaldoon

RVP - The facts are Mancini did not want Balotelli gone and nobody would offer what we wanted for Dzeko. United offered more than what had been set by Khaldoon for a 29 year old. I believe all personal terms had been agreed.

De Rossi was never going to come and will never want to come - yet we kept trying to get him. He has played us like a tart

Got fuck all to do with Marwood about paying the cash. Khaldoon on instruction from the owner sets the pay ceilings.

The biggest fuck up from Marwood was getting rid of the dead wood.

Hope this is a lesson to all at City that we haven't made it yet and there is more work to do
Mancini at his emotional best said in a press conference that if they wanted to know why we failed to get all our targets, ask Marwood. Some suggested it was a veiled attack on those in Abu Dhabi but Mancini was never going to attack his employers publicly.

Mancini made it clear who his targets were as soon as the title was won. Everything I heard last summer points to the fact that from being in pole position for the majority of our targets, we dallied by trying to renegotiate deals at the 11th hour thus losing out & ending up with dross like Sinclair.

What more could Mancini have done after winning the title & stating who he wanted early to ensure we retained the title.

We can all point fingers but the end result is we didn't retain our Championship.

IMO the players we want will have been identified and players to be moved out will be hopefully moved on (depends if anyone wants them).

At least 8 players out
4 good quality players in.
4 promoted from youth.

Re: Will the powers that be

MCFC-alan88 said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I think if Txiki and Ferran wanted to send a message to Mancini it would be here is your P45. So if thats not the message then we will have to wait and see if Mancini is realistic with his targets because we cannot just throw money around anymore

We threw a lot of money around last summer...on shit, and still cut the losses down by 50% so we can throw money around, but it has to be in the right places and on the right people. Hopefully whoever fucked up last summer, has either been told to be quiet, or moved.
We had a net spend of about £20 million compared to the 2/3 summers before of £100 million its hardly surprising we cut our losses down

de niro said:
Do not allow this to happen again. The club fucked up big time last august and now we see the result. You owe us now, you must put it right.
No in fighting, no dawdling, no ffp shit. Just sort it.
Get the players in early, move the deadwood afterwards if necessary but don't hang around.
The scum may be skint but Chelsea aren't, if we fuck about they'll sign our targets.

No excuses.

I have heard from an 'inside source' that a deal for Bale was done last weekend! 80m + Dzeko........................also heard that Pep Guadiola will take over from Mancini in two years time.

(lights blue touch paper and stands well back.........)

Prestwich_Blue said:
Dribble said:
citysix said:
i hope your happy brian the snail..is he still at the club..
If he had any shamed he'd have fucked off when he got demoted to oversee the reserves.

It wouldn't have been the least headline grabbing thing to do, but this summer is the ideal chance for The Snail to 'resign' so he can 'spend more time with his family'.

He royally fucked up last summer & I squarely put the blame on his toes. Mancini warned what would happen, because outside of our best 16 players, the quality needed to compete at the very highest level falls off a cliff edge and this is what The Snail failed to address to our ultimate detriment.
So imagine you're Brian Marwood.

Khaldoon tells you what the targets are plus the financial limits and you stick to them. Hazard's agent(s) piss you about and make all sorts of demands you feel are unreasonable but you go back to Khaldoon, who says you did right - we're not paying. Is that your fault?

Or you approach De Rossi's agent and he says "No thanks I'm staying put." Is that your fault?

Or you do all the spade work to get RVP on board and arrange a deal for Balotelli to balance the books. Then Mancini says "Over my dead body" and RVP's people get fed up and sign with the rags. Is that your fault?

That's what happened with all three transfers.

So you go to the Plan B targets and get a very promising young centre-back, an excellent young box-to-box midfielder, an experienced wing-back at minimal cost and an experienced defensive midfielder who can also cover at centre-back. You also gamble on a young wide player who'd had a good season in the PL for his club but for whatever reason hasn't really made the step up. Regardless, the owners consider you've done a good job.

Some of you are like bratty, spoilt kids who throw a tantrum in Toys'R'Us because mummy won't buy you that great big shiny fire engine.
========

Or you do all the spade work to get RVP on board and arrange a deal for Balotelli to balance the books. Then Mancini says "Over my dead body" and RVP's people get fed up and sign with the rags. Is that your fault?

That's what happened
=====
Really? And when did this come to light?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Dribble said:
citysix said:
i hope your happy brian the snail..is he still at the club..
If he had any shamed he'd have fucked off when he got demoted to oversee the reserves.

It wouldn't have been the least headline grabbing thing to do, but this summer is the ideal chance for The Snail to 'resign' so he can 'spend more time with his family'.

He royally fucked up last summer & I squarely put the blame on his toes. Mancini warned what would happen, because outside of our best 16 players, the quality needed to compete at the very highest level falls off a cliff edge and this is what The Snail failed to address to our ultimate detriment.

Khaldoon tells you what the targets are plus the financial limits and you stick to them. Hazard's agent(s) piss you about and make all sorts of demands you feel are unreasonable but you go back to Khaldoon, who says you did right - we're not paying. Is that your fault?

Or you approach De Rossi's agent and he says "No thanks I'm staying put." Is that your fault?

So you go to the Plan B targets and get a very promising young centre-back, an excellent young box-to-box midfielder, an experienced wing-back at minimal cost and an experienced defensive midfielder who can also cover at centre-back. You also gamble on a young wide player who'd had a good season in the PL for his club but for whatever reason hasn't really made the step up. Regardless, the owners consider you've done a good job.

Some of you are like bratty, spoilt kids who throw a tantrum in Toys'R'Us because mummy won't buy you that great big shiny fire engine.

If we couldn't get Plan A targets, then what was the point of going for benchwarmers instead? According to transfermarkt.co.uk, City's net spend in the last 12 months has been £15.5m, as opposed to the rags net spend of £53.9m. Given that an increase in turnover was expected for this season, we could have expected the club to push the boat out more than it did. If the Board weren't prepared to sanction the necessary spending as outlined by Mancini, then they may as well have left things as the season ended.

levets said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Dribble said:

========

That's what happened
=====
When people told me. I knew about the deal for RVP being tied up just before Xmas 2011. If you look back I posted that I was certain he was coming to us.

I only found out why he didn't quite recently.

Prestwich_Blue said:
levets said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

========

That's what happened
=====
When people told me. I knew about the deal for RVP being tied up just before Xmas 2011. If you look back I posted that I was certain he was coming to us.

I only found out why he didn't quite recently.

To be honest I was certain he was joining us, but we pulled out before united made a bid... didn't we? The club refused to pay such a high fee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.