Read and Laugh - update page 9

Re: Read and Laugh

Bin Dipping Rat said:
Doesn't really matter how much money they have, just like Chelsea they'll always be some midlevel club buying their way to titles without any graft whatsoever.
Hmmmmmmmm................I think this deluded little rat could do with reading a few history books on his own team before he starts throwing shit in our direction.

Ironic isn't it how the bindipper doesn't know the full definition of the words he uses.

Graft1.
Unscrupulous use of one's position to derive profit or advantages; extortion.
2. Money or an advantage gained or yielded by unscrupulous means

Re: Read and Laugh - UPDATE PAGE 3

I'm going to make this an updated thread!

It's a joke though isn't it. The fans, pundits, media, and the FA to a degree, are complaining that the reason England are so crap, is due to the premier league being the best, but not having many english players competing in it. By allowing people to buy clubs, and then throw all kinds of money at the best players around the world, the problem is only going to get worse, so why don't they grow a pair and do something about it??

So this is £29m for Silva, probably £28 for Milner, £20m (ish) for Toure, and god knows what else. That already adds up to £77m, which funnily enough not many of the other clubs can compete with, so the league itself just becomes a joke, without any new english talent coming through. I know they've brought in the english quota, but that doesn't stop them buying 17 world class players for a ridiculous amount of money, and having 8 'ok' homegrown players in the 25 man, however as the Milner thing shows, they're willing to spend big to try and take some of the best homegrown talent too.

If these kind of players wanted to join the club for real reasons, then fine, but it's all about the money, and the only way I can see things changing, if the FA ever want to see England do well in a world cup is to have a transfer budget that can't be exceeded. It's never going to happen because they haven't got the guts to do it, but it would be nice to think that clubs are only allowed to spend say £50million in a summer. They could spend what they recouped, but they could just keep throwing money at top-class foreign players.

Sorry, just p*sses me off when teams like this want to buy success rather than working hard to get it.

I think that's what pisses me off the most. We've been linked with him on many occasions in the past even to the point where he's claimed it would be a dream to join the club and he's a fan etc.

Now suddenly the money grabbers come calling and he's signed a 5 year deal. What's happened to playing for clubs for the sake of the badge?

Money money money, i knows its painful for a lot of us to see City overtake us as they're essentially a smalltime club, but this is the way of football these days. They have the money to ensure they challenge for all honours; and make no mistake they will.

Great signing for them, would love it of he signed for us but we're fucking skint. If you believe the rumors this was basically a done deal for us last summer before Rafa had the money pulled from under his feet. So fucking depressing.

Nothing will give me greater pleasure than to see Man City miss out on the CL again next year.
Are FIFA taking away our 4th CL place or what? I thought they were

Would Silva represent UAE if they paid him more than Spain as well?

Can imagine it now, Young David Silva at home in Gran Canaria, his mum tucking in with his Man City bed sheets. Dreaming of emulating Paul Dickov.

Apparantly there's a video of him watching his boyhood club at Maine road and singing "feed the goat" for his idol shaun goater.

i'm sure gary cook sent him a copy of "manchester city's greatest playoff victories" which finally persuaded him to move.

Alltogether now awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww they're so sweet. I reckon this thread could be a favourite of mine.

and the best?

How can a player like David Silva be going to Manchester City?! A team that was only in League 1 a few years ago?!

Dear me, talk about a corrupt sport! Laughable.

What a bunch of hypocritical ignorant bitter scouse has-beens
Bless 'em can the pools not afford to buy them titles anymore?

pools.jpg

Classic.

I guess if the Dubai lot had bought them out they wouldn't have splashed the cash? BULLSHIT.

Keep on whining you deluded scouse numpties

Other fans just dont get it do they

They see ownership issues at Utd (they didnt moan in the early years of the Glaziers when spending alot though did they), Pool and whats happened at Portsmouth etc and they just do not know what our owners have in store for us with the team, stadium and the area.

They cant see before 1992 (i think thats when sky started) for History. Pool, Utd and Leeds and Blackburn and throw in Spurs, Newcaslte have always pissed on us when it comes to spending, its only the last few years we have done it and they arnt happy because its at a time when they are not in the same position they were in once.

How many times have Utd broken the british transfer record? How many players have these teams brought through in the last 10 years compared to us?

Sadly most only know the Sky Football and nothing before it.

Meanwhile, at Sad Cafe:

Not really bothered if we don't sign anyone. If Vidic goes then we will bring a replacement. Likewise, if Berbatov goes then we will probably try and get someone experienced in up front. Otherwise, there is little point in buying for slots that are already full.

Spurs go for Cavani and Kjaer.

City get Boateng, Silva and Toure.

Madrid get Di maria and quite possibly Maicon

Barca sign Villa.

Come on United, buy umm...anyone!

Hernandez and Smalling to United.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.