Read and Laugh - update page 9

Re: Read and Laugh

Back in the '70's and early '80's, Liverp**l were a lot of peoples "second club".
Where I used to go to school in Wimbledon loads of kids supported them and although I was a Chelsea supporter, I actually used to quite like watching them on MOTD every fucking week.

Now I despise them and their deluded whingy dipper fans. They are sinking faster than the fucking titanic and they deserve it. looking forward to Phil Big Nose Thompson squirming more & more next season and that wanker Micky Quinn on TalkShite.

metalblue said:
in the interest of balance they're not all jealous tossers

No, it isn't just the money.

It's about clubs that are ambitious and back their manager. City are going to be the biggest and probably best team in the PL very, very soon. Why is Silva going to City? When players like Tevez and Robinho are already there, why wouldn't they.

It's the type of transfer activity that Torres wants to see here. but the way things are going, if we don't get new owners in sharpish, who will BACK THE MANAGER AND INVEST HEAVILY IN THE TEAM, then I think he will be on his way out of Liverpool very soon.

Thats a fair comment and well said that man...

We have a great stadium great fans great owners great manager and great expectations..

whats not to like. :)

We've had to deal with this for seven years, and I've even heard a handful of City fans accuse us of buying the league (I had a couple tell me that anyway before Mansour bought you).

What people need to understand, you can't just buy the league, you need some kind of foundation, just looks at Real Madrid for example, they have three of the best players in the world and would have been expected to dominate their league and the Champions League. They didn't come close. It worked for Chelsea because they had a good foundation and a good manager that bought the right players, followed by a fantastic tactician and man manager that won us major titles. It's not easy to get the balance right, but it can be done, and remember the league can only be won on the pitch.

With regards to Liverpool, we've had to put up with it for eight years (and even before Abramovich they tried it out). They'll sing "You've got no history", easy comeback is "You're ancient history".

I'd much rather my team be a major part of the present and future than it be a distant memory.

Keep the blue flag flying high, be it royal blue or sky blue, we're going to take over the old guard.

fulhamroad22 said:
We've had to deal with this for seven years, and I've even heard a handful of City fans accuse us of buying the league (I had a couple tell me that anyway before Mansour bought you).

What people need to understand, you can't just buy the league, you need some kind of foundation, just looks at Real Madrid for example, they have three of the best players in the world and would have been expected to dominate their league and the Champions League. They didn't come close. It worked for Chelsea because they had a good foundation and a good manager that bought the right players, followed by a fantastic tactician and man manager that won us major titles. It's not easy to get the balance right, but it can be done, and remember the league can only be won on the pitch.

With regards to Liverpool, we've had to put up with it for eight years (and even before Abramovich they tried it out). They'll sing "You've got no history", easy comeback is "You're ancient history".

I'd much rather my team be a major part of the present and future than it be a distant memory.

Keep the blue flag flying high, be it royal blue or sky blue, we're going to take over the old guard.

The past is "old hat" the future is "where it's at"

Oh the jokers in ratland! You've gotta love that self-proclaimed famous scouse wit, haven't you? Not only have they been terrible to watch for seasons (apart from the odd "wonderful European Night at Anfield - Tyldesly TM), they still think that their history means more than finishing above them in the league (which nearly half the league did). How f**king dare we! It's as if we actually played better than them over the course of a season and the Prem table doesn't support that theory at all.

Evidently only four clubs in England have any history, and in each case this history automatically ensures that their team SHOULD be in the top-four and signing all the talent. God forbid anyone should be given the chance to level the playing field at all by being bought by someone who promises to spend their cash and make them the force they used to be (that should sound familiar to these dippers). But that would make for a more competitive league, resulting in perhaps the loss of the shittest team in the top four to miss out on the CL and only just scrape through to the Europa.

We may as well start a petition and send it to the top bods at the FA and UEFA asking, no, demanding that any signings we make are autheticated by Liverpool first. After all, they won the league a lot a couple of decades ago so it's only fair that all club's transactions are verified first.
Also, anyone who has never finished in the top four should only get two points for a win and no points for a draw.

Keep them coming, you bitter fucking dippers.

fulhamroad22 said:

Amen to that!
Instead of welcoming a challenge these rats are overcome with bitterness, red or blue they have no class

i'm sure gary cook sent him a copy of "manchester city's greatest playoff victories" which finally persuaded him to move.

To be fair, that's fucking classic.

Shooter 83 said:
Lets not forget alot of liverpools fans started supporting them because they were sucessful, now they are droping like a bag of shit these gloryhunting fucks are spitting there dummys out.

very true. there aren't many liverpool fans under the age of 60 who can remember them when they were a shit club stuck for years in the old 2nd division with the likes of lincoln & leyton orient.

You have to have some sympathy for the dippers. After all, it's a bit like inheriting a fortune from a rich relative, moving into their stately home and having their staff do everything for you.

Then the solicitors find a closer relative and you have it all taken off you and move out into a council house while you watch the new family move in.

bluemoonmatt said:
masterwig said:
That kind of attitude is what we must avoid regardless of any success we get. Let's enjoy it while it lasts, it won't last forever and for fucks sake we can't forget where we have come from.
I kind of agree with this, but only because it tends to wind them up even more when you appear to show genuine pity for them and their predicament.

this

nothing winds my rag mates up more than me not gloating and being level headed... they hate not having a leg to stand on when it comes to the arrogance argument

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.