Real Madrid (A) CL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Wed 4th May, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win the PL by a point or on goal difference, we should certainly celebrate, but it hardly proves we are the best. We just happened to have won, as would be the case for them.
Winning the UCL simply takes a different kind of strategy, it is a different kind of competition, and winning it shows a team can win competitions under different circumstances.
Also, UEFA being corrupt is a big shock! So is Fifa (more so), and winning the World Cup is as prestigious as it gets
Villarreal would never get into the top ten of the EPl.
It takes genuine class to win the EPL while there is a lot of chance and lottery involved in a knockout tournament, even one as prestigious as the CL.
That's part of the charm of the latter you could rightly argue, but there is no comparison which is the more difficult achievement

Better team wins the Premier League in my opinion 38 game marathon and can't really afford to lose 4/5 games out of the 38. Yet the Champions League teams can lose 3 out of 6 in the group stage and still qualify along with losing 3 out of 6 knock out games and still going through...Bit of a joke really.
Theoretically you can draw all your league games in the UCL but go through on goals scored and then draw every knock out tie & win on penalties, similar the final, where as the league if you draw 38 games you are relegation candidates.

Winning the league by a point or goal difference hardly proves were the best
Seriously, what planet are you on.

I get that the ucl champions league is important for the club & no matter what trophy City competes in I want us to win but its only where it is because of the massive amounts of money involved.
The bloke thinks he's a top football strategist Foggy, I muted him ages ago, because he just doesn't get it as far as I'm concerned.

He's probably a lovely lad with a very good understanding of the game, but as I see it, he's another example of a fan watching from afar, following City because of Pep Guardiola, and having no idea of what it means to have been a 'traditional' English football supporter for donkey's years.

I may be wrong, and he may be a long-standing Blue from Levenshulme who moved abroad recently, but I doubt it.

Theoretically you can draw all your league games in the UCL but go through on goals scored and then draw every knock out tie & win on penalties, similar the final, where as the league if you draw 38 games you are relegation candidates.
In theory you can also win the league drawing all 38 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.