Real Madrid (A) CL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Wed 4th May, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villarreal would never get into the top ten of the EPl.
It takes genuine class to win the EPL while there is a lot of chance and lottery involved in a knockout tournament, even one as prestigious as the CL.
That's part of the charm of the latter you could rightly argue, but there is no comparison which is the more difficult achievement
I agree with your comments and would also add that the EPL is the hardest league to win in the World. For me the Champions League shows your prowess in Europe and every team would like to win that too. I believe that at the moment City are capable of winning both so let’s get behind the lads and go for it.

Not sure you captured my point.

You want to introduce Sterling as we need his pace, but didn't we need that same pace last week?

I will be amazed if the front three are different from last week
Sterling closes down quicker and has more energy , not a slight on Mahrez just different players with different attributes , but my comment is mainly in reference to the tactics , the personnel can change but as Pep has been accused of in the past overthinking it is a definite worry , if we dont fix something that isnt broken then there is only one winner.

He's probably a lovely lad with a very good understanding of the game, but as I see it, he's another example of a fan watching from afar, following City because of Pep Guardiola, and having no idea of what it means to have been a 'traditional' English football supporter for donkey's years.

Go fuck yourself… one of the absolute worst posters in this forum.

Sterling closes down quicker and has more energy , not a slight on Mahrez just different players with different attributes , but my comment is mainly in reference to the tactics , the personnel can change but as Pep has been accused of in the past overthinking it is a definite worry , if we dont fix something that isnt broken then there is only one winner.
Fair enough. With the pace they have, not gifting possession will be a big, maybe bigger factor than simply being quicker.

It isn’t a joke, it’s a group stage, if everyone performs poorly, you’ll go through with an underwhelming number. We lost 2 games in the group stage, we weren’t particularly brilliant either

The way some people go over the top, out of their way to claim they prefer the PL over the CL, bores me to death
I don’t understand why people have such extreme opinions on the matter and will stop at nothing to argue why we must throw the competition that they like the least. I have no clue what they are trying to prove. I’m looking forward to the Madrid game and I’m looking forward to the Newcastle game. Edgy I know, but I care very deeply about us winning both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.