Real Madrid (A) CL Semi Final 2nd Leg - Wed 4th May, 20:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villarreal were certainly better at playing the competition than Juve and Bayern. That is what I think people miss. League games are knockout games SHOULD be played differently
And thats why being champions of your own league trumps the cash cow thats the champions league, you don't have to be the best team over 2 legs to win it

And thats why being champions of your own league trumps the cash cow thats the champions league, you don't have to be the best team over 2 legs to win it
I think it’s just different. Winning a competition against teams from other football cultures is what makes it highly interesting from a sporting perspective

I haven’t had my booster jab and travelling Madrid Wednesday, did anyone get checked for there covid passports? Thanks

I want and think we can win both. We need to win the CL to get the monkey off our back. The whole club, owners, Pep and the players know the significance of winning the CL and this team and Pep deserve it.

We can win both. 6 games to play and we only have to win 4 of them! We can draw both CL games and win the final on penalties!

It would be amazing to beat Liverpool in the final. I thought we would beat Chelsea but I wouldn't be confident against the dippers. We deserved to beat them at Anfield and at home but couldn't, hopefully we right that in the final if we both get there.

Admittedly I have been drinking heavily this weekend, but I don't think Villareal are done just yet...

So you think that the there would be much interest in a competion featuring around four teams who could possibly win (City, Atletico, Bayern, Inter) and a few other decent teams (Sporting, Ajax, Club Bruges, Rangers?)? Beyond that the competitors would be total no-hopers. Try selling that to the TV companies let alone to the matchgoing public?

In the meantime the re-invigorated UEFA Cup would be highly competitive with the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, PSG, Real, Barca, Juve, Milan, Benfica, Porto, Dortmund, etc.

The main problem with the Champions League is its name.

Anyone expecting the the reintroduction of a 'Champions-only' competition is totally out of touch with reality (stuck in the 1980's)? If such a competition were established it would have lower interest than the current World Club Championship.
Some see it as the principle of the thing,Champions League yet teams as low as 4th 5th can play in it,it’s went to far where they will go back to just the champions of those leagues playing in it,sponsor’s and tv and media companies wouldn’t be to happy either as that’s were football is now Money,but maybe they could drop the champions league name and just go back to European cup maybe or tweaked slightly..

Sidenote.I hope the boys will be wearing the blue home jersey on Wednesday. That's a kit worthy of gracing the Bernabeu.

That Navy blue bin-liner esque kit is an embarrassment. This might be the most watched match of the season around Europe, I hope those in charge of the team appreciate the magnitude of the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.