Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

I rarely see match day comments because I attend most matches home and away. The sort of comments you see are pitiful. We really don't need these sort of fans. The downside of success is that you do attract some total morons. I remember some Mancunian United fans telling me about this when they had success. Even now they have a big split in their fanbase between the matchgoers and the know-nothing fanboys. I fear this is what we are starting to see. I won't be posting on any matchday threads from now on.
I think we need two match day threads, one for the flappers and another for reasonable debate, where mods get to banish said flappers to the flappy thread :)

Not read any of this thread after last night. But fuck off bein sports with your shit made up graphics! I hope hairy mits Richard keys was hurting last night!
He got one of his daughters mates in who works in the tech dept to mock it up, he’s now traded the other one in for this one

Look, I am not wanting to slag our guys off and nor have I done so. It was a decent performance. But at the same time, over the last 4 weeks they have lost to Girona, Real Sociedad and Villarreal, so it's not like a 1-1 draw is some fabulous achievement.

They obviously had a game plan of standing off us and hitting us on the break. They pressed us way less than most premier league teams would have done. And in the first half, despite us playing well and seemingly controlling the game, their plan worked. In the 2nd half when the upped the tempo somewhat more, they had us on the back foot for a large part of the half and I think it was fortunate that we scored and not them.

I think we should have enough to beat them at our place, but it is far from a foregone conclusion.
Some of the things you have moaned about...

I sometimes feel Pep is strangling the life out of our players
we played so far below our best
Grealish and bernardo were poor never going forward - Pep drumming into them to not lose the ball under any circumstances
I said 3 years ago we would never win the CL whilst Pep is at the helm
Now I am having my doubts again

You really do think the club, the manager, the team dont know what they're doing?

Check the stats, we're one of the highest (If not the highest) performing team in the CL. Goals, shots, possession, tackles, ratings, shots on target... But still "Not good enough"

Whatever. I can do with ignoring some of this shite.

Vinicius talking to Ederson, whilst pointing at Walker (from Brazilian coverage) ; "Esse cara e muito foda". Roughly being, "this guy is fucking amazing". Great contest these two are having.
I loved seeing Walker & Vini embracing each other. Both knew they'd been in a war & the respect they showed was akin to two heavyweights belting the shite out of each other & congratulating each other when a draw's declared.

Result is exactly what was required so can't complain. I will probably get chastised for this slight criticism but we weren't at our best I don't think and a number of players especially after their goal and the second half up to our goal lost their way a bit I felt and could easily have conceded the second given the way the game was going.

Alas that didn't happen and the goal as you would expect rejuvenated the team and felt we were pretty comfortable thereafter in getting the draw. Expect us to go full beast mode at the Etihad and book a trip to Istanbul in the process!

I think Real played in 2nd or 3rd gear for all of the first half and much of the second.
Nah, Madrid sat there like a coiled spring, waiting to counter, we never took the bait, they then came out of their shell (as we gave them no choice) and scored, did they then go for the kill ? No they never, because both teams knew going gung-ho could see them lose the tie in the first leg. This wasn’t about gears, it was a game of chess between two grand masters

Result is exactly what was required so can't complain. I will probably get chastised for this slight criticism but we weren't at our best I don't think and a number of players especially after their goal and the second half up to our goal lost their way a bit I felt and could easily have conceded the second given the way the game was going.

Alas that didn't happen and the goal as you would expect rejuvenated the team and felt we were pretty comfortable thereafter in getting the draw. Expect us to go full beast mode at the Etihad and book a trip to Istanbul in the process!
Need the crowd to be absolutely on it from the start, it’s the least the players deserve and put to sleep any media bollocks about our fans and empty seats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.