Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Well what a game that was! A proper battle. Firstly, I have to give credit to Real Madrid. They're a brilliant team. They've got respect but not enough of it in my opinion. Some of the interplay, particularly between Benzema and Vinicius is just class. The 1-2 passing and movement, just left us for dead! It must be a tactic of theirs to change their intensity during the game. At times they look completely tame. They stand off, they leave space and it felt very easy to get into areas to attack them. But then they turn it on and suddenly they're a beast and we're under pressure for a good 5 minutes.

The next leg will be intriguing. I really do hope to see some more attacking impetus. Yes they can sting us, but we need to make the most of the space they do afford us and take a few more risks. It was pedestrian at times. If we commit a few more we will get a lot more chances and should profit.

We're in a great position to advance though.

I'd think it was pretty easy to tell. Here in the UK, we've endured some punishing, brutal heat during some of our summers recently. Imagine having to run around for even five minutes in that. Now make it 90. The Madrid players are thoroughly acclimatised to it; our players were still wearing gloves in training last week. There's a reason British tennis players spend weeks in Florida etc preparing for playing in hot climates. Our boys were absolute warriors last night.
Had similar thoughts but having not been there didn,t want to say that defintely was the case. Main point is we came through it relatively unscathed - onwards and upwards :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.