Real Madrid (A) | Post Match Thread

Dropping Haaland for the second leg would defy his whole purpose for being at the club. I see what's happening here - he's not scored in his last two games, so now he becomes dispensable. The whole team is starting to be built around him being in it. He's been truly sensational. He makes other teams fearful. I just can't get my head around this suggestion at all. We've got the crowd behind us and an animal in attack, but you want to ditch it all for a formation we've not played all season because it's won us league titles in the past? Well OK then, but answer me this - how many CLs has it won us?
There’s more chance of Moonchester coming in at right back than there is of Haaland not being played for the second leg if he’s not injured.

It wouldn’t defy the whole purpose though would it. No player in the team is indispensable when there’s possibly a better fit for a particular game. Last night we had less control than we have in the previous games against Madrid except for a crazy last 5 minutes when they knocked us out, we were lucky to draw that match imo. There’s no doubt Haaland has been a phenomenon but Rudiger had his number last night. It hasn’t won any, but then nor has any formation yet. Last season our lack of defensive options caused that, not the formation.
Rudiger didn't 'have his number'. Erling got very little material to work with but still managed to create a couple of half chances. 100% he plays and scores in the second leg.

Rudiger is nothing but a bloody thug who thrives when he is given carte blanche to execute his assaults under the noses of CL referees. His assault on Gundo was typical of his cowardly behaviour and almost a replica of what he did to Kevin.

It wouldn’t defy the whole purpose though would it. No player in the team is indispensable when there’s possibly a better fit for a particular game. Last night we had less control than we have in the previous games against Madrid except for a crazy last 5 minutes when they knocked us out, we were lucky to draw that match imo. There’s no doubt Haaland has been a phenomenon but Rudiger had his number last night. It hasn’t won any, but then nor has any formation yet. Last season our lack of defensive options caused that, not the formation.
Less control? We got a 1-1 draw, whereas last season we got a 3-1 defeat. You can't argue we had more control a year ago when we ultimately lost the game in a 6-minute window.

You should always do what your opponents least want you to do. How do you think Real Madrid would react if they saw a teamsheet without Haaland? I'd say they'd be ecstatic and probably be lifted by it. Your argument is based on a sample size of one game. Ruediger had a good game, so that proves Haaland can't play against him? Should we also drop him for the FA Cup final because he barely got a kick at Old Trafford in January?

We were not lucky at all last night. We came away with a deserved draw, which sets us up nicely for next week.

Brutal honesty is that I thought we didn't play well and got lucky to score. First 30 mins we should've scored but after that we kept losing the ball. Tie isn't over and I believe madrid are going to score at least once at ours next week. Pep not making subs gets me concerned about the everton game on sunday. Weather also had a massive impact on how we played imo.

However all that being said, it's a good sign if you still get something out of the game whilst not playing well, so i'm positive

Apart from being overwhelmed by the occassion and the importance of the goal, can anybody explain why Kevin was so emotional after scoring last night? To me he even seemed close to tears. Such an amazing moment.

Not too many players like him these days. Gets you on your feet sort of player. That being said, I thought Walker did very well against him and equally I still think Vinicius had a good game. A top battle between two top players.
They realised they were both up against the best, great to see the respect they showed each other after the match.

Huge night incoming next Wednesday. Not going to be much different than last night. We'll dominate possession again and they'll look to hit us on the break. Need more threat from the wide men next week. Move it quicker and we'll open the space up. Passing for the sake of passing when Madrid don't really press neither tires them or opens the channels for City.

Yep, only looked really dangerous when he started to take up the more central roles, the further away from Kyle the better for them, won’t be surprised to see Ancelotti use him more that way in the return if Kyle starts again.
Kyle did well, forced Vinci inside where he hits traffic seems sensible.
of course he hit that thunder bastard but that was in the break.

Apart from being overwhelmed by the occassion and the importance of the goal, can anybody explain why Kevin was so emotional after scoring last night? To me he even seemed close to tears. Such an amazing moment.

It shows you how much the CL means to the players now imo - particularly someone like him who isn't a young man anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.