Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

I agree at 4-2 we should have taken what we had at that point and not left ourselves so open. The change should have been made earlier and for me it should have been Ake on to shore up the back and get Dias closer to Fernandinho.
I can only think Ake maybe was not 100% fit, Ferna was OK and set up Phil's goal but this was cancelled out by Reals 2nd goal, although Laporte and Ederson (again) were culpable.

anyone else up in 327 last night, with the small group of Madrid fans? they were quiet enough, but one was very ballsy and fully celebrated every Madrid goal.

like others, I am very happy with the win and just like the Atleti game, i said any win is a good win. But you cant help feel we shoulda coulda.....

About 15 mins from home I realised i'd just witnessed my team win a classic in the European Cup semi-final and couldn't stop grinning. I still cant quite believe it.

It should not even be a debate. You cannot let someone run from the half way line onto the edges of your 6 yard box. Not much point in picking up the other strikers if you let the striker run into the box unchallenged to have a one on one.
It really is 101 “Central defender covering the fullback” defending isn’t it :-s

Laporte is a seasoned central defender, loads of CL experience and a full international, he really should have done better and taken control.

Pep agrees with you. So do I, by the way. Mahrez is our leading goalscorer, and he's right to be greedy sometimes. That moment was absolutely not the moment for it.
Some perspective needed. Mahrez beat 3 Madrid players to set up Kdb for the first goal. He also hit the post where maybe Foden could have finished slightly better. Yes he also could have squared it to Foden later and Foden may have scored but fine margins and its easy for people watching. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Fucking hell there are some wet fannies on here. We just beat Real Madrid ffs.
Spoilt, entitled twats.
I don’t think it’s entitlement I think it’s a feeling of frustration as we could have one foot already in the final if we had taken our chances last night.

Personally I feel we let them off the hook and seeing as the victory last night is only effectively half time I must admit I am quite frustrated with the result.

It will be a far tougher game away from home and we could live to regret missing those chances

Still too many flappers here.

Sensible fans would recognise that any kind of win, regardless of how slender, was all we needed last night. Now for the return fixture we'll have Walker and Cancelo available instead of having to turn to an almost 37 year old midfielder to plug a fullback hole.

We were always going to concede when Stones went out. Yes we should have scored more, but we got the win and the gulf in class between ourselves and Madrid, despite said selection woes, should inspire confidence that we'll get through.
It’s a forum, where different people have different views. That does not make them any less valid than your own. Calling people ‘flappers’ all the time is a cheap shot.

Some perspective needed. Mahrez beat 3 Madrid players to set up Kdb for the first goal. He also hit the post where maybe Foden could have finished slightly better. Yes he also could have squared it to Foden later and Foden may have scored but fine margins and its easy for people watching. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Foden should also have done better in the first half, but his poor first touch when set up by de Bruyne forced him wider and he then failed to hit the target. We’ll get more chances over there but have to be more clinical and defend better as a team.

I agree at 4-2 we should have taken what we had at that point and not left ourselves so open. The change should have been made earlier and for me it should have been Ake on to shore up the back and get Dias closer to Fernandinho.
I thought we were trying to take what we had at 4-2, just couldn’t manage it. If we had brought Ake on, who would we have taken off? The problem with removing a midfield or attacking player would have been that it would have given RM more possession in midfield and they we’re always dangerous once they had the ball. Our strategy of trying to dominate them in the middle and in attack seemed the right one. Bringing on an extra defender would just have invited pressure imo

But we weren’t open after 4-2, we controlled it really well. They got a goal back from a flailing arm at a ball going away from goal. Lucky and not deserved. We were better, their luck means that we have to finish them in madrid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.