Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Not disappointed by last night and enjoyed the game which will be one to remember for a very long time

Said prior to the game we would struggle without both Walker and Cancelo and we did yet Zinchenko did well but what an attacking force we are.

Hope Walker is right for next week and having Cancelo back is huge boost.

It's half time and we are leading by a goal

Believe

Pep agrees with you. So do I, by the way. Mahrez is our leading goalscorer, and he's right to be greedy sometimes. That moment was absolutely not the moment for it.

We're a team who are coached to do the extra pass. It's staggering that he decides to shoot there. Foden literally kills the tie if he squares it.

I think we've got double vision this morning: you look at it, and the glass is half-full and half-empty at one and the same time.
Reality then, as it is both. Unusual for Bluemoon. I think we get a bit greedy at times. Great game against Real which we won. Maybe the players got greedy too but that’s how far we’ve come.

It's funny how we can be "disappointed" after a 4-3 win but any one goal advantage to take over to the second leg is a decent result. Perhaps just what could have been is playing on our minds but let's be positive. A patched up defence and creating chances for a cricket score. We should score at least 2 over there.

Having a lead is excellent. But it should have been at least 2 and then we could have relaxed a bit more for the second leg. But, no away goals so we're in a good position still. It's essentially a 1-0 win. The CL rules have seemingly fucked us - the Llorente goal counts one season but wouldn't have the following for example. But the change to the away goals rule means that win is a lot better than it would have been because we can ignore how many they scored.

More confidence on the ball, particularly at the back in Madrid will help us see the game out. Chelsea showed us how to do it for 80mins. Press them and there will be chances and hopefully no gifts from us next time.

I'll be behind the sofa.

Can’t stand Real usually but I’ll be honest, you’ve got to give credit where it’s due to Benzema for that penalty.

Absolute elite player.

And Real played football without resorting to cheating like their ugly neighbours.

Two of the best teams in the world playing proper football. Wonderful to watch.

laporte should of gone across end of
The Vinicius goal was all down to a make shift defence, effectively Ferno was 4th choice RB! I have no problem with him for that goal at 36 years of age. I also don’t blame Eric, if he had gone across to cover and Vinicius had crossed straight to Benzemas head he’d have been slaughtered for being out of position.
We played beautiful football, my rag mate said the best game he’s ever seen.
In the dark days when I was stood in the rain at Edgeley Park singing your not fit to wear the shirt I could only have dreamed of nights like this.
Can’t wait for the second leg.

That game was so good I actually watched it twice , same score in 2nd game despite what some posts are saying !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.