Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

On a positive, we lead, we had all the possession and will again, we will have a stronger back four, we went to Madrid one nil up and won in the last round. We will win.

Still feels like we have lost to be honest and I am dissapointed.
Lets hope we can get Walker and Cancelo back for next week.
I know that was a make shift defence but it feels like at times we need to get a bit more street wise in these games or else this trophy will forever and a day allude us.
The "gung ho" approach wasn't need all game last night and the Chelsea Real 2nd leg should serve as a warning for us.

Mahrez actually contributes pretty well to the link up play, Sterling does not
The big issue I have with Mahrez is that he gets the blinkers on and goes for goal from a tight angle when there is a player in the middle better placed, for a far easier chance.
Mahrez does it so often. Bombs down the right with an opportunity to cross to a player in a really good position.Instead of crossing to that player he goes for goal himself and makes a mess of it.
Last night a cross to a gesticulating Foden, in a really good position to score, would probably have meant us going 3-0 ahead.
Mahrez please stop being so greedy!
We really rattled RM at times and certainly should have more than a single goal lead.going into the away leg.

My only concern with the result last night is what effect it will have on the line up for Leeds. I can see Pep making 5/6 changes which is risky. Time will tell and Leeds look crap so hopefully we will have enough.

There is no way in the world any red scouse watched that full match without shifting uncomfortably in their seat. I saw and heard the fear in the half-assed pisstake texts they sent me during the match.

If we make it past RM, I want them in the final. Badly. I know we’re better. Know. It.
Difference is the game would have been over at half time as they take their chances. Mahrez passes that ball last night and think we would have gone on and won comfortably. There’s no ‘I’ in team. Never seen Pep so mad as he knew what that meant. Lads heads were down last night and Phil upset, but they played well. Big week ahead, either in for one or two trophies or the season virtually over. Need to get your heads up boys you gave it your all, and everything to okay for.

Still feels like we have lost to be honest and I am dissapointed.
Lets hope we can get Walker and Cancelo back for next week.
I know that was a make shift defence but it feels like at times we need to get a bit more street wise in these games or else this trophy will forever and a day allude us.
The "gung ho" approach wasn't need all game last night and the Chelsea Real 2nd leg should serve as a warning for us.
I agree at 4-2 we should have taken what we had at that point and not left ourselves so open. The change should have been made earlier and for me it should have been Ake on to shore up the back and get Dias closer to Fernandinho.

Our down fall will be Ederson, does he ever make a decent save, hes good with his feet but when it comes to saving shots on goal he's below average, you might all have a go at me, but I'm telling you hes not good enough for Manchester City
We need a good number two to put pressure on him. One player who knows his place is guaranteed. It will do him good as well having someone pushing him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.