Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

It’s superb to be taking a lead over there, especially with both full backs out, but in reality Madrid were shite, with a helping hand from us, ederson was poor tonight, we had them on toast and kept going backwards, wrong decisions by mahrez, pulling out of 50/50 for their first, dinho getting done, Laporte not covering, acres to run into in and standing still. Chances gone begging again, and our keeper never made a save, although I’d like him to.

I personally thought offensively, Madrid were excellent. Worst than us at the back though. Benzema is a quality player. Top notch finish that.
He’s the best centre forward in world football at the minute. Hopefully surpassed by young Haaland next season for the blues!

It looked like the ball came off Laporte's head before the handball. I thought the present rule is that it isn't handball if it comes off another part of the player's body?

Don’t think so, it’s just about whether the arm is considered to be in an unnatural position.

Look at the positives. Real Madrid are on top form and we played them with half our first choice defence missing and won. Away goals don't count double. The negatives are our usual missed chances and our strange propensity to shoot ourselves in the foot when fairly comfortable. It feels like a loss as we should have won by more. I have absolutely no idea what will happen in the second leg, the score could literally be anything.

We were incredible in the first 20 minutes but I get the impression these days that we begin to doubt ourselves when we miss a couple of chances, and the misses at 2 nil did seem to be a turning point.

Obviously at 3 nil it’s a different game but I still think we’ll do them over there and it would be a great achievement to beat them home and away. But a fair bit of sloppiness does seem to have crept into our play this season. Poor defending for 3 -2 and then Foden fucking about giving that free kick away before Laporte’s handball - just shouldn’t happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.