Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

He can’t head a ball. A centre back that can’t head a ball.

It can be debated that it’s unfortunate the way it pans out but what CB worth his salt heads it onto his own hand there?
He looked fine to head it vs Southampton when he gained us a point that would have had us now 2nd had it not scored.

He’s a bit flakey in big games but he’s been a big part of the 8 major trophies won under pep, show some respect

I dont think so.

We gifted them 2 goals,but could have scored 6.

Game in Madrid we will be well up for it with Cancelo and Walker back hopefully.

We can not have Fernandinho play,he will get rinsed he is 36 and looks it.

We are the better team by a mile.

Zinchenko was so good today I would not rule out him playing next week with Walker.

That was Pep's preferred pair for the semi's and final last year because Zinny is just so good on the ball and doesn't lose it.

We're the Tyson Fury of football.

They'll need to score 2 but won't stop us scoring.
That is how i see it developing in Madrid.

If we dont win outright,I see a 3-3 or 4-4 draw,they can not defend for Toffee.

Reactions: mat
Absolutely proud to be a City fan. We WON the home leg of an end to end pulsating thrilling edge of seats Champions League semi final, feels exactly like what it is, a win playing brilliant football and with hopefully our first choice defence for the 2nd leg in Madrid.

Surely I can’t be the only one who looked at these type of games with other English clubs involved in them and thought one day that will be us, and here we are going toe to toe every season in all competitions with the best teams here and in Europe playing fûcking fantasy football and not only ripping them teams apart in some games but also having to be willing to battle in others as we will in Madrid away for the second time in less than a month, come on City, greatest fûcking team in the world right now, let’s get the trophies our fans, football, team and manager deserve.

The Watford goal at the weekend was a carbon copy of their 2nd tonight. Laporte just watching the guy running towards our goal and not even bothering to go across. It’s fucking disgusting enough against Watford in a 5-1 win, to then do the exact same thing days later in a CL semi is just completely unacceptable.
Have looked again and you're right, Laporte should have done far better for the goal. Thought Dias had a decent game though

We had a make shift back four without our two first choice full backs, for most of the game we had a 37 year old midfielder at right back.

Even if Mahrez makes it 3-0, Madrid would come back into it, it’s what they do.

It was a great game and glad we get to see it.
Stop talking sense!

As for the rest of this thread, thought I'd stumbled into the matchday thread!

Grealish at 100m cannot be brought onto game like this importance or Atletico games etc. why we didnt sign a striker in the summer instead of him.

Benzema punishing teams regularly with top class finishing and by being clinical. before that they had CR scoring 50-60-70 goals per season. while we try to get goals from guys who once again showed are very far from clinical.

had we scored what we needed today its 7-3 and they would have faced an incredible task next week. now a lucky 3-1 win will do it for them. if we are super clinical then its 9-3.

I want Txiki to answer for it if we miss out on CL final due to our finishing. he sanctioned getting Grealish who aint helping us on these big games, no way he start in second leg either. did we need him badly? fuck we did...
Not still repeating that bollocks it ‘s been explained many many times.

Feel a little deflated but we're a better side than these, keep things a bit tighter at the back and I think we'll go through. They were a bit lucky feeding off scraps and the result flattered them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.