Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

just seen the replay of the penatly. It's hit his head first so it shouldn't even be given
I don’t think there’s anything in the rules about that, was that a premier league guideline thing at one point?

His arm was in an unnatural position so it was a clear handball to me.

We just beat Real Madrid 4-3 in the semi Final of the Champions League.

We go over there as favorites.

Think only of the positives on such a wonderful night for our great Club.

We also just put on a great game of football for neutral fans Globally.And beat the greatest Club in World football.

Also i actually prefer 4-3 to 4-2.

Reason being you have a couple of goals advantage you change mindset, try and consolidate the advantage, and deviate away from playing your natural game.It can actually work against you.Chelsea were actually unlucky not to put Madrid out in the end, after losing that first Leg.

We will play our normal game and go Toe to Toe,we have nothing to fear.
Hurray. Don’t get why people can’t see this and enjoy it for what it was.

Imagine we were playing them in the CL final and it was at the Bernabau. The week before, UEFA say, “that doesn‘t seem fair, Madrid being at home and all that, so we will give City a one goal start”. We’d be over the moon!

Upon reflection that was a top game of football. From those heady days going away to Notts County to this wow. Yes it's a bit disappointing given how well we played to only have a narrow lead but we have to accept that two of their goals were just down to them having unbelievable forwards one with Sane pace and one who rarely misses a chance - 40+ goals a year is amazing in any league.

For us I thought it was great to see Zinny, Jesus play so well in such a big game. Added to the usual majestic midfield trio we really rattled them. I nit-picked on Mahrez not playing the right passes but at the end of the day what a time to be a City fan. I remember watching with envy the likes of Forest and The Scouse lot have matches like this and now we are the team everyone wants to beat. Add a Haaland or a Benzema to our team and we would be unstoppable.

It will be a different kind of game next week - I predict a very tight match with us coming out on top over the two legs 5-4. Sleep tight onto Yorkshire boys.

We just beat Real Madrid 4-3 in the semi Final of the Champions League.

We go over there as favorites.

Think only of the positives on such a wonderful night for our great Club.

We also just put on a great game of football for neutral fans Globally.And beat the greatest Club in World football.

Also i actually prefer 4-3 to 4-2.

Reason being you have a couple of goals advantage you change mindset, try and consolidate the advantage, and deviate away from playing your natural game.It can actually work against you.Chelsea were actually unlucky not to put Madrid out in the end, after losing that first Leg.

We will play our normal game and go Toe to Toe,we have nothing to fear.
Great post; love the positivity.

If only Mahrez had passed when we were 2 up. Not complaining about the performance or Mahrez really. Still, if only.

nonsense, do you know how fast junior is, once he's away he's away

He does absolutely nothing to close the space off. He’s our only defender who has the opportunity to get anywhere near him and he just runs in a straight line.

I get Benzema is behind him but you have to close the biggest danger in that situation and that was with the goalscorer. Van Dijk is the master of defending those situations.

So should a penalty be given every time the ball hits a player's hand in the area?​

No. The exceptions are if the ball hits a player's arm directly from the player's own head or body and if a player is falling and their arm is between themselves and the ground for support. There is also room for interpretation as to what makes a player's body 'unnaturally bigger'.

Surprised that the experts and the ex referee haven’t actually mentioned this…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.