Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

was it though? turning in the air you need your arms out. he went to head the ball and headed the ball
There’s always an amount of interpretation involved in decisions but in this case I would say that nine times out of ten that is seen as making his body unnaturally bigger and hence handball. I’d certainly expect it given if it happens against us.

I don’t really blame Laporte for it, it was bad luck how the ball deflected on to his arm, but I can’t blame the ref for giving it either.

I said it after the FA cup semi - Fern is done at the top level. When he gets up to top speed he's not far off the pace but whenever he needs to turn and chase he loses 2 / 3 yards to most players now. Against jnr it was 5 / 6 yards. That clear weakness changed the game for us - we had to drop deeper quickly once we lost it and that doesn't suit our style at all.
You forgetting his assist? And umpteen other raids down the right, he also went past Vin Jnr 3 times like he wasn’t there, I’d call there battle a score draw if I’m honest, our entire back line was pedestrian that’s not Ferna’s fault, I’m struggling to think of anyone better than him to play there, you could argue Zinny & stick Ake at LB, who would you of put there?

From the BBC match feed

This is the sixth time Real Madrid have lost the first leg of a Champions League semi-final - they've failed to reach the final on any of the previous five occasions they've lost in the first leg.

Fuck it, I've changed my mind. C'mon City, Paris here we come!
I wouldn’t go on those stats as stats are there to be changed!

What a game. Should have been out of sight in the first half. What on earth Mahrez was going taking the shot instead of squaring to Foden I don’t know. Two full being full next week will see us put them to the sword. Thought the crowd was great too

Fern is Fern. He’s not quick anymore but tbh he’s still as quick as Bernie and Phil although we know he has a burst of speed, was not showing it tonight.
I thought after the Fern Fock up, he got a bit more cover afterwards. When they broke down that side, often we doubled and tripled up to leave the winger nowhere to go. It should have been like that from the get go.
I thought Dias was fine and Zinchenko very good in all his duties.
Laporte carried the ball out of defence better than Dias, but ultimately I think he is the one that puts the frighteners into that defence.

He always has a brain fart in him. Sometimes more than one. Sometimes we get away with them but sometimes it costs us dearly.

We’re one nil up and I think with the correct team both available and picked by Pep, we win in Madrid.
Id love Walker Stones Dias and Zinchenko available. Cancelo hasn’t been great either lately, in his defensive duties, and I think not getting ball possession turned over cheaply will be key. We will score.

We just don’t do things the easy way.

Dont like balague but he’s on the money there
No he isn't. Hes a fucking muppet and the thing that's stopped us from winning this fucking cup are hand balls, offsides, and that we've only been in it recently for the past 10 years. 3 semis in 10 years is nothing to sniff at. We beat them. Its that simple. We beat European giants and spanish champions and we fucking outplayed them and we had a spanish/ french guy definitely working for the opposition tonight.

we had the chance to send a message to everyone by beating this team like 7-3 or 8-3.

big missed opportunity same as not beating Liverpool in the PL game weeks ago.

we could be 5 points clear in PL now and one and half leg in CL final instead of a much closer PL fight and and incredible second leg of CL semis which honestly can go either way. home advantage is with Real now tho.

we choose to do it the much harder way, I guess we will know the answer in a few weeks if this is indeed the case we do it the hard way or we cannot do it in either way...

we came so close last year to CL win, and against this year this level of dominance vs Real Madrid, big disappointment if we go out here.

hope we wont see any of that level of losing our style like Atletico second half where we really could not string 3 passes together as Atletico could not punish that but Real will...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.