Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Laporte more guilty than Fern. Just watch the angle of his defensive run.
I think he has to run that line to stop the easy square ball to Benzema - but he does get suprised by the pace that Jnr has and by the time he realises he has to go over its too late.

The only thing you can do against that kind of pace is not let them turn you on the half way line. Even Walker would struggle once he pulls of that turn. But its not just the goal - you could tell that RM were looking for that match up every time in the second half. Fern just doesn't have the acceleration any more.

To score 4 goals against Real Madrid and feel disappointed we didn't score and win by more is crazy, but we and they know we are better and they were very fotunate.

It would be good if we could get Walker and Cancelo back next week but we need to tighten it up at the back anyway, but i'm sure we will score and we will win over there.

Well played City it was a great night.

Pep talks to BT Sport. “It was a fantastic game for both sides. We did many good things, but unfortunately we conceded the goals. We could have scored more. We played a fantastic game against an incredible team. Our build-up was so nervous, but they pressed really well and were strong. We are so proud. But this is about reaching the final, and football sometimes happened. We are going to Madrid to try to win the game. What we have done with and without the ball, I cannot ask for anything else. Leeds is now the most important game.”

I think he has to run that line to stop the easy square ball to Benzema - but he does get suprised by the pace that Jnr has and by the time he realises he has to go over its too late.

The only thing you can do against that kind of pace is not let them turn you on the half way line. Even Walker would struggle once he pulls of that turn. But its not just the goal - you could tell that RM were looking for that match up every time in the second half. Fern just doesn't have the acceleration any more.
Zin can watch the square ball, he had to stop the shot.

Just got in from the game. What an atmosphere and what an occasion.

Yes we should’ve scored more goals and yes we shouldn’t have conceded 3 but we’ve just played Real Madrid off the park in a Champions League semi final. We cannot be disappointed with the fact we won, at all!

Get in City!

Well impressed with that considering the makeshift defence.

play like that full strength and we dominate the shit out of them

should be keeping Jesus on that showing mahrez too greedy at times, but barring benzene and Vinicius I expected more from Madrid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.