Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

What a game, proud that my team can do that, proud of the fans who were there. We kept at them. Yes we conceded 3 against class forwards, but this great City team, one of the greatest of all time got four And never gives up.

PS Piss off moaning twunts - just glad you don’t sit near me.

There’s always an amount of interpretation involved in decisions but in this case I would say that nine times out of ten that is seen as making his body unnaturally bigger and hence handball. I’d certainly expect it given if it happens against us.

I don’t really blame Laporte for it, it was bad luck how the ball deflected on to his arm, but I can’t blame the ref for giving it either.
I don't blame Laporte whatsoever. The rules are broken if that's handball. You try to win the ball, which you do, then some random freak of nature it hits your hand, therefore the opposition gets a free shot at goal. It's crazy but if they're the rules then so be it but they need to change

If only we converted half of the chances we created. With better finishing in the first half, esp from Foden and Mahrez we would have been four up before they even had chance to breathe. Annoying as we were by far the better team, we deserved more than a one goal lead but not much we can do about that now. KDB outstanding again. The defensive, esp Dias and Laporte were a little shakey, Zinchenko did well again.

The way I see it: next week they need to play the perfect game and we need to be way, way below average. We look like we are hitting form, with KDB back to probably being the best player in the world on current standings, and they don't look like they have a perfect game in them, as dangerous as they are in moments.

I thought if the ball hits another part of your body before striking the arm it couldn’t be handball. Have I got that wrong?
That was all taken out of the laws. Unnatural position of the hand/arm is now the main thing.

Just back from the game so not had much chance to read what's already been said.
Brilliant game, should have scored at least a couple more, but for poor finishing. Defensive errors cost us the goals. Next week hopefully we have both full backs starting to give us some defensive speed. Regarding Ederson, Pep needs to have a serious word with him. He was far too casual at times especially in the first half. Not good for my nerves or my heart rate. Thought the flags tonight were great and helped create a good atmosphere. Bring on Wednesday night. Game on.
Gotta beat Leeds first

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.