Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Our defense was better in CL last year. We were calm and balanced. We conceded a lot of goals this season. I miss Stones-Dias.

I mean, what a game. These types of ties never go completely to plan, you just have to stick in them and edge through.

It is exactly the game that gets played on repeat for the next 20 years and cements us as an elite side in the eyes of the footballing world. We may get hate from our enemies, but we're money for producing nights like that.

Many a time we've fallen a goal short, tonight we finished a goal ahead and we have to take the confidence of beating Real Madrid than nitpick over errors which, we have to be honest, this side has produced all season and won't be eradicated without investment in key areas.

This isn't the best squad Pep's ever had here but we're still making a fist of it. We've had better sides go out in the group or quarter-finals in the past decade. It's got no striker, it's got no fullbacks tonight, sure if it was Kompany and Dias with Walker and Theo Hernandez with Haaland up front it could have been 7-0. It's Zin, Laporte, Stones at RB and then Dinho, and we still beat them.

Great game, and although it’s unfortunate we conceded 3 the fact that three of our top defenders were unavailable or injured means it’s no great surprise that our defence wasn’t as good as usual. If Walker and Cancelo are back next week we’ll look a lot stronger at the back. Having said that there’s no blame for their first - quality strike from a top player. Different story for their second, no way it should have been that easy and the pen was a bit unfortunate. 4 great goals for us and could easily have been more. Haaland would have had a field day. KDB superb as usual as was Bernardo and Foden. Mahrez a bit hit and miss - good assist for the first but wasteful a lot of the time.

Just back from the game so not had much chance to read what's already been said.
Brilliant game, should have scored at least a couple more, but for poor finishing. Defensive errors cost us the goals. Next week hopefully we have both full backs starting to give us some defensive speed. Regarding Ederson, Pep needs to have a serious word with him. He was far too casual at times especially in the first half. Not good for my nerves or my heart rate. Thought the flags tonight were great and helped create a good atmosphere. Bring on Wednesday night. Game on.
Ederson by his own standards of ball control was way short tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.