Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Said it after this season’s league cup final with the 11-10 result in penalties. Goalkeepers need to stop guessing where the penalty is going. Just wait till the ball is kicked. They won’t save the perfectly struck penalties but they will save the poorly struck ones and the panenka’s.
There were at least 5 penalties struck down the middle in the league cup final and a few just off centre.
Any advantage in a penalty situation favours the clever team and the clever thing is to wait on the penalty being struck.

What a game, proud that my team can do that, proud of the fans who were there. We kept at them. Yes we conceded 3 against class forwards, but this great City team, one of the greatest of all time got four And never gives up.

PS Piss off moaning twunts - just glad you don’t sit near me.
Yea i am well out your way its just as hard on the tele,and I know where yiur coming from cheers

Nope.League still too close to rest him.
This shouldn’t be a question but is as we didn’t kill them off tonight.
Rest Kev our no1 against a relegation side and if our squad can’t beat beat Leeds then we don’t deserve to win it.
Save Kev for next Wednesday.His is the boy as we saw tonight.

Last thing before I go to bed. I remember how gutted I felt in our first CL semi-final where I felt the team wilted under the pressure, seemed happy to get beat by a respectable scoreline, and then didn't get close again for several years. I didn't see that tonight, that looked like a team that expects to be there, be there regularly, and expects to win games. This is us for the next five years. We will win games and lose games, maybe we will lose this tie, but that wasn't a team happy to make up the numbers.

Last edited:
One thing I will say though.. second leg we must go for the jugular. No Pep out thinking himself needed. Play our game and we’ll get a result.. some weird uncharacteristically defensive line up and it could be a long night.

This is my only fear!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.