Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Zinck was last man in the line, he could have actually step forward and he would have been offside - also caught on the wrong side - brilliant finish though. School boy defending for all 3 goals.
If only your auntie had baws,,,,,,,she wid be yer uncle ,,,,,,margins eh.

Why is pep sticking with laporte?
Laporte doesn't smell danger and doesn't try to avert it. Vinicuis just ran all the way from centre line. He has No chemistry with Dias.
Dias should rather be the sweeper if pep intend to play both.

He stood aloof, For the goal Watford scored last weekend. Absent minded in picking up jota in Liverpool goal
salah made a mess of him at Annfield. Cost us the Palace game. Now a silly handball to give Madrid a cheap goal. Is it that pep don't see these things?

Last edited:
What a game and pleased that we at least got the victory. Game should have been wrapped up by half time though. Had we gone 3-0 up, I don’t think that Madrid would have shown so much fighting spirit. Too many chances missed and poor defending cost us the result we deserved. Pressure is more on them in the 2nd leg. They are a goal down and I feel that we are a far better team overall. Good atmosphere and thought that we got behind the lads from the start.

As soon as they start a trend ok keepers stopping guessing and waiting, penalty takers will just start knocking it into the corner. They’ll always beat a keeper who has waited
That’s the point though. Their penalties will need to be perfect to beat the keeper as long as the keeper goes the right way. They won‘t always beat the keeper.
A penalty shoot out would never finish 11-10 if the keeper always goes the right way. That’s my argument

I need to give myself a good slap , I feel like a right selfish bastard. I can’t shake how gutted I’am with a 4-3 win against Madrid. It’s easy putting things into perspective but f**k me the tie should be done and dusted despite the obvious pitfalls at Right Back. Thank f**k no away goal rule

This shouldn’t be a question but is as we didn’t kill them off tonight.
Rest Kev our no1 against a relegation side and if our squad can’t beat beat Leeds then we don’t deserve to win it.
Save Kev for next Wednesday.His is the boy as we saw tonight.

It's not a question. Gundogan unplayable when kdb injured in the past. Kdb needs the weekend off. We have enough to win the game without him. We could lose with him, draw with him, or win without him, that's the margins of the prem. He needs to have his feet in an ice bucket at half 5 this Saturday. Let the rest of them deal with it.

That feels like a defeat.

Should have blown them away
I was there - my thoughts entirely - so dominant and yet so vulnerable. Can't bring myself to watch the recording. It really does feel like a defeat. Great for the neutral. We go a goal in front and it's in our DNA to keep throwing the kitchen sink at the opposition as though we're in search of an equaliser like we do in the Prem, but in this case we're up against world class players. Same when we go two in front - we leave gaps. Easy to say that we should have had layers of players to piss off Madrid with. Missed Kyle - he would have dealt with VJ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.