Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Said it after this season’s league cup final with the 11-10 result in penalties. Goalkeepers need to stop guessing where the penalty is going. Just wait till the ball is kicked. They won’t save the perfectly struck penalties but they will save the poorly struck ones and the panenka’s.
There were at least 5 penalties struck down the middle in the league cup final and a few just off centre.
Any advantage in a penalty situation favours the clever team and the clever thing is to wait on the penalty being struck.
As soon as they start a trend ok keepers stopping guessing and waiting, penalty takers will just start knocking it into the corner. They’ll always beat a keeper who has waited

One good thought is that it must really hurt all the United fans out there, that we're now the ones providing great European nights & thrilling the neutral.

While they're ... trying to edge Wolves & West Ham to 6th place, or something.

Should be out of sight

Laporte and Dias shocking at the back

A win is better than the alternative but very frustrating. We've forgetten how to defend.
I disagree. First goal was a great player getting inside our back up left back; second was our nearly 37 year old CDM serving as an emergency right back getting skinned; third was a fairly unlucky penalty.

The biggest issue was missing chances. 7 or 8 would have been closer to what we should have had.

We may rue those misses and not advance but on balance we played them the hell off the park. Both they and Liverpool have to look at that performance and be frightened of how good we can be. Chin up!

Fernandinho tried that and missed Benzema goal was world class no defender would stopped that! It was a great result for us.
Zinck was last man in the line, he could have actually step forward and he would have been offside - also caught on the wrong side - brilliant finish though. School boy defending for all 3 goals.

I honestly think we won’t play as well over there but will come away with a more convincing score line.. just a feeling 1-4.

Feel so gutted and angry with the conceded goals. Red scousers play first next week so they’ll be through (although I’d like the opposite) and we’ll have to sweat it for a result. Hope the Mahrez misses don’t come to haunt us. His miss against the red scousers is still playing on the consequences threshold for me. If we win league I’ll say I was worrying for nothing. If we lose league I’ll be pointing to that miss which should have been the winner. Same also with tonight’s game, if Mahrez passes for the 3-0 I think we walk this game with huge margin!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.