Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

What a fantastic game of football.

It really should have been four before they scored, so in that respect, we let them off the hook.

However, this is Réal Madrid we’re talking about, and to take any kind of lead to the Bernebeu must be viewed as a success.

We were brilliant from kick-off, and we put the Spanish rags under constant pressure. Kevin’s goal gave us a dream start; Gabriel’s made it even better.

It was just a shame that we couldn’t capitalise on them with the clear chances we created in the first half hour.

Once again UEFA and its officials let themselves down with the poor standard of refereeing. We only had to blow on one of their players to be penalised, while they got away with all sorts.

However, as I’ve already said, it was a very enjoyable evening, despite the rather cool temperature at Etihad, and I’m glad I was there to witness it.

Last edited:
I disagree. First goal was a great player getting inside our back up left back; second was our nearly 37 year old CDM serving as an emergency right back getting skinned; third was a fairly unlucky penalty.

The biggest issue was missing chances. 7 or 8 would have been closer to what we should have had.

We may rue those misses and not advance but on balance we played them the hell off the park. Both they and Liverpool have to look at that performance and be frightened of how good we can be. Chin up!
Pretty much my feelings, they’ll be more scared of us than we or of them next leg.

Man city are putting themselves under severe pressure. They had the chances to beat Liverpool they players think a draw is a better result. Now no breathing space in the league.
Today they had chances to make the 2nd leg a mere formality now they had to play Leeds and have Madrid on their thoughts
Thanks to strikers especially Mahrez for making their life difficult

Pressure is on city. They need to win away. If at etihad they can score 3 you think they won't score 5 in madrid
Can’t see Madrid scoring 5 against us. We will hopefully have a better defence for the return game and why is the pressure on City? We hold the lead and they need to score to at least get level. Take our chances and we will win out there.

I don’t get all the negativity. We’ve proved we can score almost at will against them. No reason to believe the second leg will be any different

our defence will hopefully be significantly better for the 2nd leg so we won’t concede 3 goals

it’s a fantastic win under very difficult circumstances. I posted today that a draw tonight wouldn’t be a disaster so I’m delighted with a win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.