Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

I think real did a bit of the roper dope on us, it only worked to the extent that we went from our usual controlling football to more swashbuckling like Liverpool. That's not our true game. And obviously we are able to do it because we're an amazing attacking team, but it compromises on defensive solidarity the other way, something we have added to our game since last season. On Europe last season, we changed up to be more controlling and not go for the jugular, understanding that there's two games to put the game to bed. We tried to do that in one game last night, and it made for an amazing game but one which I'm sure Pep will want us to change up in Madrid. Add a fullback, maybe two, and a bit of a mindset change with strict instructions not to fall into their trap and I think we'll beat them next week. What a game.

not read the whole thread so this may have been said before, most people i've spoken to are disappointed including myself
but step back and think about it we've beat real madrid 4-3 and we are disappointed
that tells us where we are
lets go again and finish the job next Wednesday

not read the whole thread so this may have been said before, most people i've spoken to are disappointed including myself
but step back and think about it we've beat real madrid 4-3 and we are disappointed
I not disappointed because I thought we’d we’d beat them before the game, and I think we’ll beat them in Madrid too, bring them on.

I think we've got double vision this morning: you look at it, and the glass is half-full and half-empty at one and the same time.

We beat Real Madrid in a CL semi final tie, I'm amazed at how many players have been slagged off on this thread. Too many smart arses who clearly missed their way in life. I suppose it's football's loss

I think it's more a case of frustration. Madrid were there for the absolute taking last night. A combination of greediness, inefficiency and concentration cost us.

Were still favourites and are better than Madrid, but that was an enormous opportunity to kill the tie.

Laporte should do better with the Vinicius goal. Thought I'd been too critical of Mahrez last night but watching the highlights back, it's unforgivable to not pass to Foden. Same as him shitting out of a challenge before Madrids first.

so true mate we were amazing and we're still disappointed CTID

I think it's more a case of frustration. Madrid were there for the absolute taking last night. A combination of greediness, inefficiency and concentration cost us.

Were still favourites and are better than Madrid, but that was an enormous opportunity to kill the tie.

Laporte should do better with the Vinicius goal. Thought I'd been too critical of Mahrez last night but watching the highlights back, it's unforgivable to not pass to Foden. Same as him shitting out of a challenge before Madrids first.
we're disappointed cas we should of been out of sight by half time

We beat Real Madrid in a CL semi final tie, I'm amazed at how many players have been slagged off on this thread. Too many smart arses who clearly missed their way in life. I suppose it's football's loss
i don't get it we were amazing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.