Real Madrid (H) | Post Match Thread

Tie should have been wrapped up before they scored that's how much on top we was and even though the final score makes it nervy we have to be big favs to advance now. Hopefully just show more composure and experience over in Madrid. 1 big recent concern is that teams seem to scring with virtually every shot on goal against us

It's a case of shudda, cudda, wudda mate. Ultimately there were 2 players bearing down on the penalty area who Laporte & Zin were rightly covering.

If Laporte had gone across & Vini had crossed to Benzema & the other Real player instead of shooting, I'm pretty sure Laporte would have been crucified if we'd conceded from that situation for not holding his position.

Sometime's you've just gotta hold your hands up & admit Vinicius's goal was sheer brilliance from meggin Fern, the speed & control shown & the finish past Ederson.

I feel like we should have done better. Communication lacking probably. But it was a good goal. Their first was annoying because we should have been 3-0 up and it was a half chance at best. Their third, similarly was frustrating. 2 goals up again, comfortably in possession and should have just knocked it about to see out the game but Mahrez plays an awful ball across the pitch which gets them a chance and then, although we get it clear, Foden commits the foul rather than maybe hoofing it clear. But it all came from yet more sloppiness in possession.

We need to be more confident with the ball out from the back in Madrid. Be happy to keep the ball and keep moving them about. But overall, we were dominant and should be confident we can get the job done in Madrid. It's a 1-0 advantage and we have plenty of nous and character to get the job done. It will be no more difficult than the Atletico away leg. Walker covering Vini will help hugely if he's available.

I see the British sports media have got right behind us today following an outstanding attacking performance last night, sticking 4 and should have been 8 past the Kings of European Royalty - Not!
What utter cunts they are!
Stand by for a scouse love in tonight and tomorrow.
Carragher last night - "If you win in the Bernabeu, see you in Paris" the arrogant twat. No wonder everybody hates them.

I see the British sports media have got right behind us today following an outstanding attacking performance last night, sticking 4 and should have been 8 past the Kings of European Royalty - Not!
What utter cunts they are!
Stand by for a scouse love in tonight and tomorrow.
Carragher last night - "If you win in the Bernabeu, see you in Paris" the arrogant twat. No wonder everybody hates them.
I would never tire of kicking that fuckers face all over the shop. Sums Sly Sports up perfectly that they happily employ somebody who spat at a child.

Teams don't create many chances against us, but when they do they seem to nearly always score. That's got to be a worry in games with fine margins.

Great post Ancoats.
We really are witnessing the best of times.
Beating Real Madrid in the Semi finals of the CL with the confidence that we can make the final again.
It wasn’t perfect but how many games against top quality opposition are ?
I just wish a few more of us would not be so insistent in finding someone to whip every single game.
Love this club.

Am the same in the cricket thread and its Joe root moan moan moan hahahah

last night was special and many fans feeling that we should have won by 3 or 4 and then kill the game off are deluded ? You never can kill the game in the first leg at 3 or 4 up. How many times you see the 2nd leg teams thinking the tie is over because they won 4.0 and forget play.

Real Madrid now know we can really hurt them and will fear us because we can control the tie and pass the ball around them under pressure. For me, that was the first proper night we have had at the etihad in europe. nights when people will talk about if for years and years.

Even if we don't go on to win the tie and Champions League this season we have put down our marker in saying we will go again and again

2 goals. Walker would have stepped up and tackled Vinicius after Mahrez's chickened out of the 50/50, and he's not getting done by Vinicius like Fernandinho.

Personally I think you're barking up the wrong tree with Ederson's passing. It causes trouble because they were committing 7 or 8 players to the press, but that's also why when we did pass out, we were pretty much through on goal instantly. That's the risk vs. reward Pep's always bought into and we know Madrid are great at pressing because that's how they got here - forcing silly mistakes from Donnarumma and Mendy who both gifted Madrid goals directly.

Like with some Liverpool games, you've got to accept some hairy moments passing out of the back because the whole point is to draw players into pressing and then get it past them.

I thought the biggest problem there was Stones not being fit from minute 1 anyway, he gave the ball away a lot after receiving the ball from Ederson, but that's not necessarily Eddie's fault.
Like i said you play the situation I'm happy for ederson to pass it out but at 2 nil up there is no need to pass it to a defender who isn't free to accept it or chip it up.in the air to a midfielder with no chance of winning it. We have great players but some of their decision making smacks of arrogance. Pretty much every time we get knocked out of Europe the goals against column is startling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.