Real Madrid Vs Manchester City CL Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hyped up to Fall?

I'm not that bothered about the Champions/Also rans League.

I want another Championship.

For me, that has to be the priority.

Re: Your team for madrid?

prairiemoon said:
Hart
Maicon - Kompany- Lescott -Clichy
Milner -Yaya -Garcia/Barry -Kolarov
Silva/Tevez
Aguero

4-4-1-1

Milner and Kolarov playing defensive wingers with Maicon and Clichy bombing down on the overlap. Siva or Tevez in the hole behind Sergio.

If that is the case shouldn't Kolorav and Clichy switch? Kolorav would be a better attacker while Clichy would be a better defender.

xzbit04 said:
The lads are there

A3A5hbrCQAA158x.jpg

Thank god we got the Silva deal done before he plays there. A true footballing Mecca.

AgüeroKun said:
prairiemoon said:
Hart
Maicon - Kompany- Lescott -Clichy
Milner -Yaya -Garcia/Barry -Kolarov
Silva/Tevez
Aguero

4-4-1-1

Milner and Kolarov playing defensive wingers with Maicon and Clichy bombing down on the overlap. Siva or Tevez in the hole behind Sergio.

If that is the case shouldn't Kolorav and Clichy switch? Kolorav would be a better attacker while Clichy would be a better defender.
Cliche would still have to get back to defend, right? So, no. I think Kolarov would be better in the midfield.

Madrid are absolutely ruthless on the counter and in quick transitions. And after their horrendous league start, they will have a point to prove infront of their own crowd.

What Madrid aren't good at is proactively creating something against teams which keep it tight at the back and don't afford them space. Madrid's main weakness: Xabi Alonso. He is horrendous when getting pressed but he's also the only player who dictates their whole game structure. In the Sevilla game Rakitic constantly harrassed him and they were all over the place. They are a counter attacking automaton. They lack the flair to break teams down without running into space. Which is why they bought another central playmaker: Modric.

Ronaldo is harmless 1 on 1. Forget the media hype. With the ball at his feet he creates absolutely nothing. It's Özil, Di Maria and Benzema who are dragging defenders out of shape with their movement for Ronaldo to cut inside and tap-in the chances they create. So rather concentrate on the suppliers further back. Alonso and most likely Modric in this game.

Another weakness will be Ronaldo's lack of backtracking. Silva and Tevez drifting and overloading Coentrao's side would cause them all sorts of problems.

You should also put pressure on their centrebacks. They are prone to hoofing it up. Is Agüero match fit?

Maicon would be a desaster. Mourinho knows him inside out.

They struggled with the pace of Navas the other day

________________HART________________
___ZABALETA___KOMPANY___LESCOTT___
MAICON___SILVA__GARCIA__YAYA__KOLAROV
______________TEVEZ_________________
___________________AGUERO___________

Here's what I think it should be

Hart
Zabeleta Kompany Lescott Clichy
Garcia Barry/Rodwell
Silva Yaya Nasri
Tevez

Bluemooner33 said:
They struggled with the pace of Navas the other day

________________HART________________
___ZABALETA___KOMPANY___LESCOTT___
MAICON___SILVA__GARCIA__YAYA__KOLAROV
______________TEVEZ_________________
___________________AGUERO___________

Was considering this, but Zaba at the moment might not be the best choice, IMO.

Super excited. Champions of England and Spain playing on the same pitch. Will record and watch it later so I'm gonna turn all avenues of info off for me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.