Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

KillieMitch said:
Just an outsider opinion - but to me that game was all about the two defences. When City attacked the attacks were quickly dealt with and Real could get on with attacking themselves. When Real attacked, the City defence just wasn't able to provide the same strong foundation. I was so surprised to see you not signing a superstar defender in the window. It looks a bit like everything Garcia gives you in the midfield is counterbalanced by the lack of quality in the defence. To me the money would have been better spent there.

What a glorious night of entertainment though - thrilling stuff to watch. Brilliant noise from the away fans too - 'your just a shit barcelona' came through the telly loud and clear.

Are you a crack addict?

Ray78 said:
danburge82 said:
Ray78 said:
In a strange way that was better than the Bayern Game last season.
Scored two goals
Nobody refused to warm up
Didn't have penalty claims turned down

Certainly better than Bayern away.

Yep and we have a chance to still qualify.
15 points to play for. 10 or 11 points will see us qualify. Will be very tough to do, but we're capable.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
cleavers said:
Sick Swan said:
Dunno never smoked it/shagged it mate!
That much is obvious.

He certainly is a sick swan if he didn't get the irony of the fight away post!

if i new what it meant, i might have a comeback.

though i suspect "hold hands and be happy in here" could of worked too?

supercrystal7 said:
You should definitely beat Ajax and Dortmund are defending like drunk men in recent matches. However, hard no team is up and running at their full potential yet. Subotovic and Hummels are actually very good, but have been awful. If they play like they have then you should win a high scoring game.

The away leg against Dortmund is a huge one. You are still favourites to come second in my opinion.
we need to sort a few things out before we can think of beating either though. Our defending as a team isn't good enough, all 3 goals were preventable tonight, most of last season we would have let in 2 of them. Midfield need to get back to keeping the ball under pressure, something we excelled at last season, and so far are sadly lacking at. We need to put our chances away, we had 2 very good chances when in front tonight to make the lead 2 goals.

cleavers said:
supercrystal7 said:
You should definitely beat Ajax and Dortmund are defending like drunk men in recent matches. However, hard no team is up and running at their full potential yet. Subotovic and Hummels are actually very good, but have been awful. If they play like they have then you should win a high scoring game.

The away leg against Dortmund is a huge one. You are still favourites to come second in my opinion.
we need to sort a few things out before we can think of beating either though. Our defending as a team isn't good enough, all 3 goals were preventable tonight, most of last season we would have let in 2 of them. Midfield need to get back to keeping the ball under pressure, something we excelled at last season, and so far are sadly lacking at. We need to put our chances away, we had 2 very good chances when in front tonight to make the lead 2 goals.
Sadly this goes back to buying players late in the Euros and I think all the big teams except Barca (half their stars did not go) are suffering from a lack of a pre season. None on the big teams are up to scratch. Dortmund's defending has been worse than yours though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.