Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

I'm Blue said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
cleavers said:
I suspect there's a couple of rags posting in this thread now, don't expect to be staying long guys, just waiting the consensus from the other mods. In the meantime I'd suggest clicking the "x" on your blumoon tab, thanks.

I think you are right mate.

-- Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:45 pm --

Please can someone enlighten me with what Joe has said. I had to leave for work at full time so not heard any of the interviews..Cheers in advance.
Basically joe was gutted, said we shouldn't throw a 2-1 lead away, even against real.
Said he can't take any positives from the game, basically gutted.

Thanks pal.

i♥city! said:
bluebannana said:
i♥city! said:
I don't think Kompany is stupid , Its just that ronaldo is a very pacey player . Kompany did his best against ronaldo , The problem came from Maicon , he was supposed to be on ronaldo through out the game yet he left so much space for ronaldo to perform.

this is where milner would have been handy, as nasri just doesnt track back.

EXACTLY ! We should have fielded RB/RW players that could repeat the Richards + Milner performance in the 6-1 game at OT . The right back was really really poor today . Maicon thinks he is a winger and Nasri doesn't track back . I would have preferred if we started with Zab and Maybe Maicon or Milner on the wing , That way we would play "Double right back " as Maicon / Milner would track back to help Zab share the work load of going against Ronaldo . Too many tactical blunders in this game . I can't be mad at Joe for his outburst actually i think that's just what we need , A player who speaks out when we have a bad game . Vinny is a great captain but he hardly shows his dissatisfaction when the team plays badly.
Even in centre mid - Spurs at home last season - Milner marked Modric out of the game, he didn't have a sniff of anything in 90minutes, and most of their threat was with Defoe and Bale.

James is the man for getting a job done for the team.

I'm absolutely gutted, it felt similar to that game at the swamp when Owen scored in extra extra time. Oh well, onwards and upwards, they have to come to Eastlands! I won't be in attendance but I'm sure you guys will have the place rocking!! CTID!!!

glen quagmire said:
We shit ourselves, when we went ahead. We invited them to pot shot our goal. We will remedy this with experience.

Great game.
We absolutely did. If we hadn't scored it would probably have ended 0-0, but we let adrenaline get the better of us. We really did shit ourselves when we scored both goals.

And, indeed, it was a great game! Just so disappointing to lose when being up twice and in the 87th minute too.

pudge said:
A defeat at Madrid, against Real is nothing to be ashamed of and I'm sure if we're all honest we thought that was always more likely that a City win or even a draw.

It's just the manner of the defeat that has annoyed me, to have only to hold on 8 minutes for 3 or even 1 point and come away with nothing is sickening.

I'd like to think the team would play tomorrow if possible, to bounce back. So come sunday I expect all guns blazing.

I tend to agree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.