Real Madrid Vs Manchester City Post Match Thread

it was a tactical blunder untill dzeko and kolarov came on,never before i think weve bin so badly terrorized on the right flank,playing a midfield of 3 and playing so deep just allowed their full backs to make runs one after another
and starting with barry and maicon was a mistake.
having said that proud of the team for putting a good show.

Jimmy Milner should have played in front of the right back to counter Tranny and Marcelo, said as such prior to the game.

Big mistake to leave ourselves so exposed.

Swp. . . . I think we played our socks off To the best we could and when you get so close to winning it's fucking deflating to get fuck all out of it

But they really did give us a lesson how to keep the ball and win it back, cant remember a team in the last couple of years to dominate a match like that against us.

Rammy Blue said:
Jimmy Milner should have played in front of the right back to counter Tranny and Marcelo, said as such prior to the game.

I'm with you on this Rammy. Think it was a mistake playing Nasri. Especially a Maicon does not look fit. Id would have had Zabba with Milner. Thought the young kid played well. Looks more assured & confident than Savic

But Mancini makes the calls. I'm not overly pissed off about the result. We did very well especially in the 2nd half. I'm worried about the defence though. Go the Arsenal on Sunday and they are playing well.

Just a clear reminder.

United have been played off the fucking park by Barcelona in the last couple of years, to the point of embarrassment.

Arsenal, twice now, also humiliated over at the Nou Camp.

It's a case of hanging on in there, riding your luck, as we managed to do last night.

There are certainly areas for concern for me, however.

The signing of Maicon scares me if I'm honest, no doubting his pedigree, but reminds me of the Silvinho purchase.

And Barry, much as he is tremendous squad asset, certainly in the Premier League, he continues to tread water at this level.

Not too much has been made of it, especially as Bezema showed excellent technique for his goal, but Barry is at fault for being by-passed in the approach.

As for Nastasic, wow, I think we have found something very special indeed.

Might want to play the ball too often, but such a lack of fear, and Lescott has every right to be worried.

At no stage last night was I thinking here was a 19-year-old kid up against Real Madrid, making his debut.

Kompany and Nasri have me more nightmares. Felt a little sorry for Silva, showed some excellent ball retention and was clearly up for it towards end of first half.

Rammy Blue said:

100% agree, Milner should have been on from the start in front of Zab instead of Maicon. Nasri should have been left out for him.

Not read the thread as wasn't online last night. My thoughts on the game. First half I thought we were awful, we couldn't string more than three passes together, we constantly passed it back to Hart to just punt up the field to no one & it ended up coming straight back at us. Madrid closed us down quickly when we had the ball but for the first 25 mins we looked like we were panicking when we were in posession. But for Hart making some good saves, they may have already have put the game to bed in the fist half.

Second half we were much better, we seemed to relax into the game a bit more and mainly restricted them to long range shots, some of our counter attacks were great & if Yaya had taken his chance at 1-0 we might have put the game to bed. Gutted not to get something out of the game after going infront with not that long remaining, but Madrid are a very good side. They took their 3 goals well but we invited the goals by standing off their players IMO.

I think Maicon is poor & can't see why we have bought him. I thought Yaya was immense, Tevez never stopped working all night, I thought Dzeko did well when he came on & I thought Kolarov did well when he came on too. VK to me hasn't looked as formidable this season so far, not sure why.

Overall losing 3-2 to Madrid at their place is no disgrace but after going infront twice we should have defended better and got at least a point. Onwards & upwards though.

johnny crossan said:
Rammy Blue said:

100% agree, Milner should have been on from the start in front of Zab instead of Maicon. Nasri should have been left out for him.

Yep, I thought that was Bob's plan as well considering Jimmy didn't play at weekend.

I'd have had Rodwell in for Barry as well, knew his legs wouldn't be up to that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.