Realistic expectations for the remainder of the season

Top 4 , but the way we are playing ,cant see it, something very very wrong at city, gone backwards big style this season.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
worsleyweb said:
Finish the stadium expansion, get the atmosphere a bit better, settle in the new training ground, spend 120 million + in the summer, finish 2nd and win the fa cup.

Get in a position where we can be confident we can give it a real good go in the league and Europe next season.

We can't win it every year.
Well said mate. Spot on there.

Got to disagree. We can win it every year. Unless and until there’s a dramatic shift in the quality of our squad and our ability to invest then we most definitely can win it every year. It’s a huge task, a task that’s proved elusive to many more clubs than us, most notably Chelsea and United, but that doesn’t alter the fact, that with the weaponry at our disposal, we can win it. Every year.

Whether we will is a totally different matter. But we have the players. And we’ll continue to have the players.

john blue said:
Top 4 , but the way we are playing ,cant see it, something very very wrong at city, gone backwards big style this season.
flapping+man.gif

Main target every city supporter has wanted for decades is 40pts , then a nice bonus would be to win the premiership in injury time , the FA Cup with a winning goal by yaya and lastly the Champs league or Europa Cup which would be handed over by a grimacing Twatini .

Would love to prove the doubters wrong and make it out of our CL group, finish second in the Premier League, and win the FA Cup. We will need to make quite a few squad changes in the summer but I am optimistic for next season. I always thought this post World Cup year would be tough for us. I also think Mangala and Fernando will settle down and become excellent signings. If we can get Marco Reus, a good young striker, and a top left back we will be laughing. We are still making huge progress off the field so the future is fantastic. We can't win the league every season.

From 1968 United were the richest club in England for 45 years but they only fluked two European Cups (despite mostly easy draws) during that period. I think It will take us at least 10 years to reach a CL final but we'll get there in the end.

bobbyowenquiff said:
Would love to prove the doubters wrong and make it out of our CL group, finish second in the Premier League, and win the FA Cup. We will need to make quite a few squad changes in the summer but I am optimistic for next season. I always thought this post World Cup year would be tough for us. I also think Mangala and Fernando will settle down and become excellent signings. If we can get Marco Reus, a good young striker, and a top left back we will be laughing. We are still making huge progress off the field so the future is fantastic. We can't win the league every season.

From 1968 United were the richest club in England for 45 years but they only fluked two European Cups (despite mostly easy draws) during that period. I think It will take us at least 10 years to reach a CL final but we'll get there in the end.

I agree with most of your post, but i'm curious as to why you thought a post WC year but would be tough for us. Isnt it tough for all of the clubs that had a large number of players at the WC, including chelsea?

cibaman said:
bobbyowenquiff said:

I agree with most of your post, but i'm curious as to why you thought a post WC year but would be tough for us. Isnt it tough for all of the clubs that had a large number of players at the WC, including chelsea?

Most top clubs have started slowly. Barca, Real, Bayern only just got going despite mostly easier fixtures than us. Liverpool, Arsenal and Rags stuttering. Dortmund bottom of their league. We will be ok after Christmas. Chelsea are the exception but they have had an easier start than anyone, especially in Europe.

PL winners
+
FA Cup winners / Europa League winners

is still realistic. Whether it should be expected or not I don't know. I don't think expectations matter. What matters is that we're more than good enough to start blasting teams away on a regular basis, esp with Silva and Nasri coming back. Milner has done well but these 2 give us more of an edge in the final 3rd.

People talk about us being too reliant on Aguero and yet if both us and Chelsea lost our star strikers for most of the season I've little doubt we'd overtake them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.