really p****s me off

whydelilah said:
BooksReject said:
If you call 'matching' getting 10 men behind the ball, then well done. Lots of teams adopt this tactic when down to 10 men, its extremely hard to play against.

I must have imagined taking the lead when he had 10 men.

I must have also imagined the perfectly good goal we scored at the end that was disallowed for no reason.

Not bad for 10 men on the pitch, all of them behind the ball ;-)

Oh come on mate, don't take the piss. My father-in-law is a Stokie and got lift with him and back and even he admitted it was 10 men behind the ball. First goal scored from ball hoofed forward to Fuller who took a dive. Then a free kick and goal (ie from a set piece). Dis-allowed goal was from one of your "oh so great, I bet it is the main reason for people watching the Premier league all over the world" throw ins. Hardly bombing forward, clinical incisive play was it?

I am not bemoaning the way you play. You are very good at it and it is effective but when you (very rightly) went down to 10, you put everyone behind the ball. If you hadn't gone down to men then the chances are you would have been one down and chasing the game.

Now, what is the first chord of Duelling Banjo's again?

You sound like a decent passionate fan, not a gobby infiltrator on another fans forum, so we will have to agree to disagree. Sometimes our teams play well, sometimes they don't. The season ebbs and flows, as do games. We cant all play well all of the time, we are dealing with human beings, not machines. And at this point of the season I am happy with fourth spot and a chance at the fa cup. You would need to watch us more regularly to have an informed opinion, not just three games against you, one of which incidentally we won quite comfortably. Although if Tuncay had scored early on it may have been a different game, and I had gorgeous turkey sandwiches after it :-)

whydelilah said:
Matty said:
In a monumentally dull fashion.

I'm not arguing that you fought for the point, but I personally couldn't watch 19 home games and assorted away games where the highlight is to get any kind of throw-in within 45 yards of the opposition goal. It might well be effective, but it's tedious.

Monumentally dull – how would you explain your recent performances against us and Hull?

A couple of dull performances, that's a little different to week in week out tedium, just laucnhing it long or waiting for any kind of set piece. We've had some exciting games, with decent atacking football on display, this season. Sunderland, Blackburn, Arsenal, West Ham, Burnley, Bolton, United, all of these had a host of goals, ok we didn't win them all, but I'd much rather see us in end-to-end thrillers than slogging away with restricted tactics.

SWP's back said:
whydelilah said:

I must have also imagined the perfectly good goal we scored at the end that was disallowed for no reason.

Oh come on mate, don't take the piss. My father-in-law is a Stokie and got lift with him and back and even he admitted it was 10 men behind the ball. First goal scored from ball hoofed forward to Fuller who took a dive. Then a free kick and goal (ie from a set piece). Dis-allowed goal was from one of your "oh so great, I bet it is the main reason for people watching the Premier league all over the world" throw ins. Hardly bombing forward, clinical incisive play was it?

I am not bemoaning the way you play. You are very good at it and it is effective but when you (very rightly) went down to 10, you put everyone behind the ball. If you hadn't gone down to men then the chances are you would have been one down and chasing the game.

I am merely making the point that we were the better team.

We were better than you with 11 and more than matched you with 10.

People are quick to mock the long throw in but not so quick to look at their million pound defenders/goalkeepers for being unable to deal with it (it is only a ball into the box after all).

We make no apologies about the way we play and at times it is bloody ugly, you won’t find many Stokies that won’t admit that.

I think some of you lot need to be more honest about the way you play the game.

WD

whydelilah said:
SWP's back said:

People are quick to mock the long throw in but not so quick to look at their million pound defenders/goalkeepers for being unable to deal with it (it is only a ball into the box after all).

We make no apologies about the way we play and at times it is bloody ugly, you won’t find many Stokies that won’t admit that.

WD

Are you taking the piss again mate? Where in my post am I not honest about the way we play. I didn't is the answer, nor did I bemoan the way you play. I said you are very good at it. Although, in my opinion, it is not a purists' football per se. Having that as a "pitch", bad surface, smallest in the league etc etc. But you will stay up with that style of play so well done. As for more City fans needing to be honest about the way we play. Are you kidding? There are currently around 30 posts with people complaining saying that the last half dozen games have been pants. Is that not honest enough for you?

But this season as whole, we have been by far and away, a better side than Stoke (as one would expecvt given the budgets involved). Now, as I asked, what is the bloody opening chord?

SWP's back said:
whydelilah said:

WD

Are you taking the piss again mate? Where in my post am I not honest about the way we play. I didn't is the answer, nor did I bemoan the way you play. I said you are very good at it. Although, in my opinion, it is not a purists' football per se. Having that as a "pitch", bad surface, smallest in the league etc etc. But you will stay up with that style of play so well done. As for more City fans needing to be honest about the way we play. Are you kidding? There are currently around 30 posts with people complaining saying that the last half dozen games have been pants. Is that not honest enough for you?

But this season as whole, we have been by far and away, a better side than Stoke (as one would expecvt given the budgets involved). Now, as I asked, what is the bloody opening chord?

If you want to see a bad pitch you should visit the DW Stadium.

You hardly needed a pitch in pristine condition for the way you played yesterday though. It was good enough for your “sideways then backwards-West Brom style” passing.

WD

P.S. No idea on the chord, sorry (Google it if you are struggling)

Trying to talk nicely to you doesn't work, you myopic Stoke Neanderthal. Why don't you go back to your own forum, and discuss with your own fans how well you played last night, with your own fans how you certainly showed the big rich kids how to play, and with your own fans about how you are so excited about your 6 pointer with Portsmouth at the weekend, and how you can't wait for that particular football feast.

Leave the City forum to City fans, and opposition fans with reasoned debate without insult. Cheeky fucker.

BooksReject said:
Trying to talk nicely to you doesn't work, you myopic Stoke Neanderthal. Why don't you go back to your own forum, and discuss with your own fans how well you played last night, with your own fans how you certainly showed the big rich kids how to play, and with your own fans about how you are so excited about your 6 pointer with Portsmouth at the weekend, and how you can't wait for that particular football feast.

Leave the City forum to City fans, and opposition fans with reasoned debate without insult. Cheeky fucker.

Not really a 6 pointer.

They are doomed and we will be safe for another season.

You can have all the money in the world but it can’t buy you class – always remember that flower ;-)

SWP's back said:
whydelilah said:

You sure you went to the match. The goal came from Delap running down the left wing and crossing a ball. Your defence scuffed the clearance and Whelan had the shot. Nothing to do with Fuller, dive, free kick etc. We beat you last season with 10 men, we beat you last night with 10 men and the ref saved you and we will beat you next week.

How many million did that team cost you? Still you got what you came for. Stoke are so bad you packed your midfleld with defensive minded players.

whydelilah said:
BooksReject said:

Not really a 6 pointer.

They are doomed and we will be safe for another season.

You can have all the money in the world but it can’t buy you class – always remember that flower ;-)

Money cant buy us class??? Carlos Tevez, Craig Bellamy, Emmanuel Adebayor!

Why dont you go on your own forum and talk about how good it is to see long throws

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.