Recommend a Car

Bought & paid for and not a minutes trouble from any of them…much like Putin’s gays!

The UK’s macho car culture strikes me as something many men use to make up for some other decrement in their life…at significant cost in price, gas & insurance…but I bet the chicks dig it!

I’m thinking Land Cruiser or Defender 110 to replace the wife’s car, seeing as she drives the Y more than me! Do either of those qualify for a man card, or am I too late? Please don’t tell me I’m too late, I REALLY need a new man card!

Oh wait, that sounded gay!
Toyota, ford and now black and decker all stopped funding Di/ pride :-(

The new Prius is neither ugly nor horrendous to drive…unless you commute on the Nurburgring! With ANPR and speed cameras on every decent stretch of road, and potholes everywhere else, where are these drivercentric roads requiring the sports suspension?
I live in a quite rural area with loads of lovely rural roads. Bends, hills, a few straight bits etc etc. None of Northamptonshire's speed cameras are switched on but you can have fun without going over the limits anyway.

There's a lot of joy in hitting apexes correctly, in changing down a gear...what can I say, I like driving.

Sure a metal hybrid auto box will get you from a to b but where's the fun in that?

I live in a quite rural area with loads of lovely rural roads. Bends, hills, a few straight bits etc etc. None of Northamptonshire's speed cameras are switched on but you can have fun without going over the limits anyway.

There's a lot of joy in hitting apexes correctly, in changing down a gear...what can I say, I like driving.

Sure a metal hybrid auto box will get you from a to b but where's the fun in that?
Joy? Enjoy Driving? whats all this? it should be banned straight away, we cant have people having a bit of fun! :-)

Years ago Honest John, a motoring journalist, wrote that if you wanted a reliable vehicle ( less time in shop fewer breakdowns etc), you had 4 choices: BMW, Mercedes, any Jap, any British Jap. Still a lot of truth today.

Not really into cars I’m more into bikes
But we bought a new vw troc dsg rline last July for the wife really nice to drive brilliant on fuel
Not too bad insurance decent space inside
My own car golf gtd I’ve had from new in 2016 91k on it now and never broke down.
I need my cars to just work with no hassle
If I wasn’t an old fair weather rider I’d be in my bike most of the time

Granted, there’s the odd spot or two, and time or two, but on 99% of roads driven 99% of the time, driving a fancy sports car is an expensive indulgence most people can’t afford (even many of the people who do it!).

When my Bro had an STi, I really liked it, so bought a WRX. Everyone seemed dismayed I didn’t plunk for the STi! But, $10K more in upfront cost, considerably higher insurance cost, higher maintenance cost, and who knows how much more expensive in potential speeding tickets?!

I drive about 12 miles to work, once a week, of which about 8 are on the highway. Some days I can do 80 without fear of a ticket, because it’s moving. At other times, I can barely do 8, because it isn’t! Where’s the fun in clutching an STi every 50 feet for the 3mph roll?!

If I lived an hour west, in the country, I could have got much greater use out of it…as I find out regularly now we head out there in the Tesla, but for most people, most of the time, a car is an A to B form of utilitarian transportation.

Plus, I go Mach .86 at 6 miles high for fun! ;-)

Not really into cars I’m more into bikes
But we bought a new vw troc dsg rline last July for the wife really nice to drive brilliant on fuel
Not too bad insurance decent space inside
Yeah, I've arranged loads of test drives, one of which is a T-Roc. They're meant to be great on acceleration and performance.

True, but I can't find a Toyota that's just right. Someone actually turned up at my house today in a RAV 4 which looks like a good machine, although there are comparable cars with better reviews.
I forgot to mention, they're all hybrids so fuel won't be as costly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.