Recommend a Car

I'll never own one again. They've just defunded gay and decided for some reason that science and technology research is more important than funding pride. My arseless leather chaps will never grace the driving seat of my avensis again.

They’re propping up the Haas F1 team now, got to find the cash from somewhere I guess.

Volvo V70 estate with the D5 engine, mind numbingly dull but its reliable, economical, loads of space, built like a tank & looked after will go on forever.
The bloke who does High Peak Autos reviews on you tube is very good & not sure but I think he is a blue?
The year is 2003 and I'm self employed
I bought a pre registered V70 D5, with 79 miles on the clock for £23k. Full retail then was £28k
Four and a half years and 170,000 miles later, I sold it for £4.5k
Earlier this year and bored, I visited the GOV MOT site and entered in old car registrations of vehicles I've owned to see if they're still running, and after selling it nearly 17 years ago, see the screenshot below and check out the mileage in 2015
I'm wondering if it really was a DeLorean
Screenshot_20241013_112316_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
For god's sake man, think of the gays. That's the most homophobic list of vehicles since Putin's last mayday parade.
Bought & paid for and not a minutes trouble from any of them…much like Putin’s gays!

The UK’s macho car culture strikes me as something many men use to make up for some other decrement in their life…at significant cost in price, gas & insurance…but I bet the chicks dig it!

I’m thinking Land Cruiser or Defender 110 to replace the wife’s car, seeing as she drives the Y more than me! Do either of those qualify for a man card, or am I too late? Please don’t tell me I’m too late, I REALLY need a new man card!

Oh wait, that sounded gay!

But both horrendous to drive. And ugly as fuck. And the interiors...
The new Prius is neither ugly nor horrendous to drive…unless you commute on the Nurburgring! With ANPR and speed cameras on every decent stretch of road, and potholes everywhere else, where are these drivercentric roads requiring the sports suspension?

But both horrendous to drive. And ugly as fuck. And the interiors...
Having owned many cars over 40 years of driving the Prius is easily the best car I've owned. It ticks so many boxes as a daily driver and family car, until recently I used mine as a taxi with all that entails. A good benchmark imo for choosing a good reliable car to buy is to see what the majority of taxi drivers buy, back in the day it was Mercedes, now it's Toyota.
If you're looking for something with style over substance maybe consider a BMW Mini, you'll be on first name terms with the RAC man.

The new Prius is neither ugly nor horrendous to drive…unless you commute on the Nurburgring! With ANPR and speed cameras on every decent stretch of road, and potholes everywhere else, where are these drivercentric roads requiring the sports suspension?
Good post , cars are the ultimate triumph of marketing over common sense. I read quite a lot of car and motorbike magazines (have Readly so costs me next to nothing) and the 'latest, greatest 'super' cars and bikes are quite funny really. Quite a few bikes can top 100mph in first gear and loads of electric cars 'tested' have 'stunning' 0-60 times none of which I'm sure are exploited in the real world. But thanks to advertising and press hype people spend a fortune on them to be able to drive around in the latest/greatest/fastest secure in the knowledge that everyone is looking at them and knows their impeccable taste and wealth. 'Special/Limited Editions' are even funnier 8-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.